Dianna's Introduction

"You will always be my diamond

"You will always be my diamond."

Words that filled my now cold soul.

My Mothers last words wounded my heart as I took her into my shaky arms. Holding a once strong and lively woman, corrupted me in ways I didn't know was humanly possible.

From the corner of my eye, an even more broken, scared little girl who shares the same pain as me. My mother reaches and places her weak palm on the little girl's cheek, taking the minimum energy left she has in her to wipe her tears and say, "M-my... beautiful girls." Barely being able to say without a shaky voice, "All y-you need i-is... each other."

With that she took her last breath.

She left us.

She left me to take care of Ruby with rarely any knowledge of how life works.

She left me in a world without her.

****

Having no choice but to surround ourselves with complete monsters after our mom passed, I made it my absolute mission to protect Ruby at all cost, even if that meant being one myself.

My innocence, purity, and so much more was taken away, but eventually if I had the option, I wouldn't change a thing.

The constant, dreadful nightmare that was my reality for 5 years, became the cause of my second reason for living.

Sapphire.

Motherhood felt like the missing piece to my puzzle and putting it all together was the last thing I needed in order to run.

The push and motivation I received to leave that place and never look back.