Chapter 16: Shadowing

People crowd and circle Sin as he gives directions of our incoming mission

Everyone appears so focused and devoted to him when he's speaking and I can honestly see why.

His voice was serious and stern, almost as if he was a different person once again. Although, not the usual asshole I'm quite familiar with.

As he spoke with confidence I found myself being memorized by his presence. I tried so hard to match the others' concentration, but all I could see was each vein emerging through his arms as he moved his hands. Those same hands that were once planted and positioned on every inch of my body.

Flashbacks of his bare, god sent body, resting against mine, traveled from my wandering head and to my yearning thighs.

Nevertheless, he snaps me back into existence by mentioning that same daunting name, Charles Martinez.

He created a plan to gain more information about Charles upcoming plans and motive. But knowing Charles, I knew he wasn't going to make it simple. Though he had a smaller organization and establishment, his thrust for power always kept him on all 10 toes and many steps ahead of plenty of people. I can only wish Sin was different.

Charles is villainous and his eagerness for games, makes him truly unpredictable.

"I have business to attend to at the club but, you all know what duties are. Stick to them. Until then, you all will be training with Ares and Apollo today. Questions?" Sin said, prior to everyone shaking their heads. "Good, now go"

As if they were remotely controlled, they all disbursed into groups to train, while Sin turns and walks out the room. 

Unsure of what to do, a message from Sin, seconds later, mentions me to follow him.

"Shouldn't I be training with everyone else, Mr. Haynes," I questioned after seeing him outside, waiting for me.

"You're riding with me today."

"I don't want any favoritism, Sin ." I argue.

Grinning, he says, "Oh but you are my absolute favorite, Angel." His tone is now cheerful and light-hearted, as I remember it to be.

"I'm serious."

"Me too. But, think of it as... shadowing."

"You want me to shadow you?" My voice sounded hesitant.

Nodding, he explained. "Exactly. Just so you can get familiar with all my important locations. But I swear next time, I'll let you stay and train with everyone else. I know how important it is for you to develop a closer relationship with them."

"Ok I'll go. However, what business do you have to attend to at the club?" I say taking the key out of his hands and walking towards the driver side.

"I'll tell you on our way there, but what do you and that wicked mind of yours think you're doing."