Chapter 13: So Sinful

I was nervous

I was nervous.

For the first time and forever I was nervous and just for a simple meeting.

Sin did send the details about tonight's activities, though it was really blunt. Only stating where, when, and a name and not familiar with, so I do my own research.

Elijah Callaway, the name in the message. He's the CEO and founder of Callaway Corporate, but recently was accused of being in debt from gambling bad transactions. The Information I got was pretty small, but hopefully I'll learn more when I get there.

11pm came upon me before I knew it and it was time to head out. Owen never left to go home so he agreed to stay with the girls while I was gone.

Walking out the door I recognized a familiar car parked behind mine. The same one that came to my house last night. The door opens and steps out a tall frame.

"Is there a reason you're parked outside my house?" I say grabbing my keys from my bag.

"I thought I could give a ride to the warehouse."

So that's where the location leads to. "No thank you, Mr. Haynes. I am perfectly capable of driving myself."

He sighs, crossing his arms as he leans against the car.

Why did he have to look so good doing absolutely nothing? He wore a black tight short sleeve shirt, his muscular figure being more visible even in the dark.

"I know you're Capable Angel, I just want to properly discuss things before we get there. The last thing I need is something wrong happening because we're not on good terms."

"My name's not A-"

"Please, just this once. You can drive on your own whenever you want after." He offers as I think about what Owen said about clearing the air.

"Just one time Mr. Haynes, I mean it." I say in a strict tone.

Opening the car door as Walk towards it he says, "Yes Ma'am," making me roll my eyes.

****

10 Minutes pass and he still hasn't said a word. We've been driven with the radio on low volume. 'Take you there' by H.E.R, starts to play when I break the silence between us. "Are you really going to stay quiet the whole ride after begging me to get in the car in the first place?" He looks over with a smirk on his face before facing the road again. "What?"

"Nothing...you're just really beautiful." He admits.

"Cut the shit, what do you want to talk about?" I say, getting annoyed.

"Angel...I'm really, really sorry for being an asshole. You didn't deserve that. It wasn't my place to come to your house like that and raise my voice at you. I was pissed and I thought pushing you away was going to help the situation. I realize now that it wasn't my best Idea. And fuck...," He pulls over in the middle of the road as it beings to rain suddenly. Shocking me even more, he turns his whole body so that he's giving me his full attention and grabs my hands, raising them to his chest before speaking again. "The shit I said to you... I didn't mean it. The way I made you feel was really shitty of me and I apologize for that too. I'll do a better job communicating my feelings to you, starting now."