Chapter 17: Believe Me

Gathering my items and getting ready to go meet My Angel downstairs, I was caught off guard by an unexpected visitor

When I first heard the door open and close, my mouth opened to greet, who I thought was Dianna. But much to my surprise, it was someone quite the opposite.

Amber greets me with a seductive smirk before saying, "Hi Baby, did you miss me."

Disregarding her presence, I turn my attention back to packing up again, but also asking, "What are you doing here, Amber?"

"I came here to see my fiance, silly?" I heard her ear piercing, heels becoming louder as she made her way to me.

"Are you seriously that fucking delusional?" I snapped, facing her. "We're not engaged, nor will we ever be. I don't love you. I hardly even liked you, in fact you truly infuriate and annoy me."

"It's ok, baby, you will learn to love me, soon enough." She said confidently.

"Amber?" I shake my head in disbelief. "Seek some help." And with that note I walked away towards the door, but that was before she yanked my arm pulling me into her lips.

She tasted like pure alcohol compared to Dianna, whose lips were soft and sweet. Dianna would make me feel like there was no one else in the world but us. She made sex, kissing, even something so simple as talking, filled with so much passion. But with Amber, her lips were sloppy and everything else was forced.

Pushing her off at the same time my door, once again, opened and shut. But this time, standing there was a beautiful small figure. Locking eyes with her wasn't foreign for me. However the thing that was different was how her eyes were more dark and empty like mine usually were. She lacked all emotion as she stood there.

Completely frozen and knowing how badly I was fucked, I was so unsure of what to do. Amber is the only one to move and speak. Making her way to Dianna in a furious way, she said, "Hey, bitch, didn't I tell you t-" She wasn't given the chance to finish her sentence, before lying unconscious on the bare floor.

When Amber was close enough, swinging her fingers in Dianna's face, My Angel knocked her out cold with one punch. Scared that I was next, I kept my mouth shut.

Looking back at me again blankly, she finally spoke. "How was your meeting again, Mr.Haynes?"

"Angle-" she cuts me off.

"You know, this girl actually told me you were her fiancé." She laughed as she steps over the motionless body. Dianna heads over to my bottle collection, to which, she happens to pull out one of my most expensive ones to makes herself a glass.

"Angel, you're probably not going to believe a word that comes out of my mouth right now. But please trust me w-"

"Why should I? If anything I have no reason to be upset. I am nothing to you, same way you are nothing t-"

"Don't." I demand, cutting her off this time. My tone is sharp and direct as I finish. "You mean so much to me. More than you or myself will truly understand. So don't finish that sentence, and ruin my hopes of you caring about me too...please."

Walking towards her after seconds of silence, she speaks up. "Sin, you were kissing each other while I was literally in the same building."

I sigh and point at the women on the floor. "This is Amber Lee and her father is a close ally. We knew each other since we were kids, but her father thought it would be a good business opportunity to push us into an arranged marriage."

Dianna rolls her eyes, "So you're engaged?"

Rushing to her side to grab her hands, I was surprised that she didn't pull away. "No, of course not Angel. I refused, my parents refused...I want you to know that I would have never treated you the way I did if I was engaged."

"That still doesn't explain why you were kissing her." She added, nonchalantly.

"That's the thing she kissed me. I was getting ready to head out and meet you downstairs but she came in, being delusional. Last time I saw her, I literally threatened her and prohibited her from ever stepping foot in my house again."

She traces her gorgeous, curious eyes on to Amber and back to me. God, she still makes my heart flutter and fill with exhilaration, even when she's mad at me. "What did you say," she asks, pulling me from my thoughts.

"What?"

"You threaten her, how?" She was genuinely curious.

Smiling, I said, "She lied saying my parents let her in my house, so I told her I would cut her tongue out and watch her choke on her blood if she ever lied to me again."

"So cold." Dianna said, smirking.

For a second It brought me back to when we were in the bookstore together and how tense and thrilling our dynamic was.

"So..." I say, unsure of what to say next.

"So..." She counters back in return.

"Did you punch her that hard because you saw her with me?" I smirk.

She shrugs, "I actually was just protecting myself. She already got pretty testy with me downstairs."

"Yeah, sure. So self defense."

"Exactly... self defense." As if on cue, Amber groans in pain, slowly coming back to consciousness. Lifting herself from the ground she turns to us in shock.

"D-did you just punch me? Do you know who I am?"

Dianna chuckles slightly, shaking her head. "Damn, I thought I would've at least knock the entitlement out of her." She says, making me laugh.

"Sin, why are you holding this bitch hands? Aren't you going to do something? Wait... are you fucking this bitch?"

Annoyed, I asked, "Do you ever shut up?"

"Excuse me? This filthy bitc-?" Grabbing her throat, I cut her off. I grew too tired of Amber calling my Angel a bitch and disrespecting her, especially in front of me.

"S-sin...I-I cant...breathe." She stutters as my grip gets tighter.

I loosen it a little as I open the door. Dragging her out and dropping her on the floor where she belongs. Bending down so we were on the same eye level, I threaten her, hopefully for the last time. "I need you to listen to me really closely when I say this because there will be no more warnings. If you ever come close to Dianna again, that's not just your life, it's your father's. I own all your wealth, money, and power. I will ruin you. Do you understand?"

She nods after looking behind me, I'm guessing, at Dianna. "I understand."

My tone still is firm and cruel as I continue. "Good, now get out of my sight."

I watch her rush to get up and speed out of my club before I shut the door. Turning around only to meet the dark gaze of a beautiful goddess.

She was leaning against the wall with a glass to her lips. I watched her study my frame with lustful and eager thoughts, that were also mine. She was turning me into a kind of man I never thought I would be.

A man who only wants to be around one person all the time. A man that is genuinely excited for what his future may hold. I am now a man who would give up anything to be with the person I l...care about. I care about Dianna, a lot.

"You really have to stop staring at me like that, Angel."

"Or what?" She asks,while sitting the glass down.

"Or I fuck you on that desk right here, right now."

She walks over and lightly touches the edge of the desk with her finger tips. Her eyes never left mine, in fact they dared me more. "Oh you mean this desk?"