Chapter 10: Little Lady

When Ruby came back with Sapphire this morning I only told her what she needed to know, which was that I agreed to go over to Sin's house this saturday to give his offer a fair chance

When Ruby came back with Sapphire this morning I only told her what she needed to know, which was that I agreed to go over to Sin's house this saturday to give his offer a fair chance. I left out small details such as, the exact activities we participated and... how many times. I didn't even mention him being a total dick before leaving.

She was relieved I gave him an opportunity, but a little worried for me because we were both unsure of what this could turn into.

For the next couple of days I was contemplating on whether to text him and clear the air or not. I really wanted a proper explanation for his actions. Before he was so intuitive and kind-hearted, but maybe the coldness he showed me was just who he really was.

Maybe he really did just use me.

But I grew from that part of my life where men walked all over me and took what they believed was theirs.

Talking it out wasn't going to change the fact that he made me feel used. So I just let the hours and days pass, trying my hardest to not think about how good it felt in his arm, especially since I was sure he wasn't taking a second of his day to think about me.

To miss me as much as I miss him.

****

After I texted Sin I stopped in front of a large black gate that had a D and H shown on it. There were also 4 guards present or that's how many I can see. Knowing this life way too well, I was pretty sure there were plenty more posted somewhere far, but with a finger on a trigger ready to kill me. 

The guard that came to my car and tapped my window asked for my name and my reason for being here, while two more circled my car. I was glad Sapp was asleep for the ride, I didn't want her being too nervous or frightened by the big men with guns. 

After letting them know who I was they called someone. They nodded to each other and the gates opened finally allowing me to pass.

"Well at least they have good safety procedures," Ruby said, shrugging.

Finally reaching the beautiful home, I stepped out of the car after gently waking up Sapphire.

Storm Deseo, Sin's Mother stood at the doorstep with a greeting smile.

When I first became an Assassin, all anyone would talk about was Storm and how brave and ruthless she was. I knew since the very moment I heard about her, I was going to be like her. She inspires women like me to be better than any man could only dream of. 

Before I could even reach the steps Storm came down and hugged me. The way her arms wrapped around me made me feel so comfortable to a point where all the anxiousness disappeared.

"It's so nice to finally meet you Dianna." She smelt like a goddess.

"It's nice to you too," I said, hugging her back. "This is my sister, Ruby and my daughter, Sapphire." She then hugged Ru and Sapp.

"Oh come in, I'm sure Sin will be up soon. But in the meantime is there anything I can get for you?" She asked.

"Oh no thank you Mrs.Deseo."

"Oh please, call me Storm. And this is my husband Titans Hayes." She said as a tall frame walked in the room.

"It's a pleasure to meet you all." When he spoke, he held out his hand to shake and I could definitely see the resemblance between him and Sin.

I looked behind me after I heard multiple footsteps.  And there he was, the asshole himself.

Storm moved over and said, "Oh Dianna, meet my boys, Apollo and Ares, and you already met Sin."

Yes, sadly.

Before they could even fully reach us, Sapphire let go of my hand and ran towards Sin. "Sinny," she yelled and jumped into his arms.

He picked her up and continued walking over. His smile grew bigger, "Hi little Fire, how are you."

"Good, Mama put my green skirt on today." Sapphire is really kind with people she meets, but it's different with Sin. She's more open and vocal with him.

"I see, you look very beautiful." She giggles as he puts her back down and instead of coming to hold my hand again, she stays and holds his.

It's official I'm jealous and I don't know if I'm jealous of a stranger or a 6 year old.

"Ruby It's Wonderful seeing you again." he gives her a side hug. "Dianna." he hold out a hand for me to shake, but instead I ignored it and just nodded.

His brothers and father silently laugh and Storm smirks as he puts his hand back down. "It's nice to meet you all. I'm Dianna, this is my daughter Sapphire and my sister Ruby."

Apollo came up and shook all our hands and then Ares who did the same but a little more to Ruby.

Confusion appeared on her face when he raised her hand to his lips and kissed it.

After a little more introduction Storm and Titan offered to show the girls around while I was going to be introduced to the rest of the team.

In fact, Storm practically begged, so I guess she does need some girl time.

In a short time, I was eventually standing in front of a whole new group of people. Sin introduced me to everyone.

They were all super welcoming,and didn't ask that many questions just what I mainly specialize in.

"Mostly close direct combat, some hacking, and repairing and powering weapons. Ranging from kinetic energy to chemical energy." I answered confidently and calmly.

Their faces were in shock and disbelief. One men said, "There's no way, you're so...so little and fragile."

I'm used to people, especially men, questioning me so I fire back, "You want to come find out how little can be?"

The room fills with small chattering between one another. "Don't get so sensitive, little lady, I was just stating an observation."

I take a step towards the man, crossing my arms. "That's fair, but what I'm observing is a pitiful man who thinks I won't beat his ass for questioning my ability because I'm smaller."

"Sorry to break It to you Little lady, but i'm pretty sure you're not knocking out half of the guys here."

"Because I'm a woman?" I asked

"Partly," He laughs and shakes his friends hands.

"What's your name?"

"Shawn," he answers quickly.

"Dianna," I hold out my hand to shake his. "I'm a woman of many talents, Shawn."

"I bet you are, little lady." he winks.

Pull my hand away and correct him, "Dianna."

"Right."

"Do you need to warm up?" I asked.

"I'm sorry?" He tilted his head in confusion.

Making my way to the boxing ring, I turned back to him, "Come on  Shawn, let's make things a little interesting. If I can knock half of the men in here, out, you have to pay every woman who is present in this room, a hundred dollars, each."

"And If you lose?"

"I don't know, you chose." I said pulling my hair back into a ponytail.

He walks closer to me. "How about a date?"

"Ok, cool." I said as if it was no big deal, while walking into the ring.

"Just like that?" He smirked.

Catching a glimpse of Sin, now in the background, he looks pissed and provoked.

Good.

"Just like that."