Chapter 5: Two Knocks

Damn it took literally everything In me, not to run back in that bookstore and fuck her right on that bookshelf

But here I am, hard as a fucking mountain with nothing to do but make my way back home praying it'll go down before I get there.

While in the middle of thought my phone ranged. And fuck my entire life.

"Hey, ma,"

"Hey Sinny, question?"

Fuck. "Sure what's up?"

"What's this I hear about your mission being compromised?" Her tone is sweet, but I know it's all an act and she actually moments away from killing me herself.

"Ma, I have it under control." I try to reassure her.

"Oh really? And what's your plan."

"To recruit her." I sighed.

"Her? Ouuu, I like her already. But baby you know that's not how it works. You can't just Randomly recruit someone."

"Like you said, you'll love her." Seconds of silence pass. "Mom?"

"Son."

"I know what I'm doing, ok?"

"I trust you, I just never heard you say something like that about anyone...Sinny, is she the one?"

"Come on ma, she's just good for business."

"But Sin-"

"I love you bye."

"Don't you d-" I hung up.

I'm dead.

Totally, utterly, completely, fucking dead.

And still hard.

***

I pause on the door knob before opening to my home, in fear of my mom literally shooting me before I even take my second step inside.

I swear she is the only person that scares me, but is also the strongest person I know, Storm Deseo.

Power runs in our blood, generation after generation of power. My mother, I would say, is the definition of badass.

And when it came to her or my father, she definitely, 100% wears the pants.

She got him wrapped around her little, killing finger.

And luckily it's Safe walk in, as I scanned to see no sign of my mother or pretty much  anyone. Good, I need my peace and quiet.

"Sin Ezra Haynes," my mother yelled coming down the stairs. "How fucking dare you." Yup definitely dead.

"I'm sorry Ma, I've just had a long day."

"Oh you had a long day? What about me, hearing you had a gun to your head. You were caught killing someone. And on top of that you still have a living witness."