Chapter 6: Sweet Talker

"I shot two bullets and you automatically want me to be part of your family

"I shot two bullets and you automatically want me to be part of your family." Dianna argued.

We've been going back and forth for the last 20 minutes and I feel like I'm getting nowhere.

Even though she kinda has a point it doesn't stop the feelings that there's more to her story.

"Why'd you do it then?" I asked.

"Do what?"

"As far as I know, you didn't know me and I didn't know you. So why did risk your life to save mine?"

It was silent for a couple of seconds before she answered. "I don't know."

"You don't know?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I mean come on. What did you expect me to do, I couldn't just leave you back there with a gun to your head."

"I expect any sane person to walk away or call the cops, but you didn't. Dianna let me ask you a serious question." she tilted her head softly, giving me her full attention.

She's so gorgeous.

"What do you do for a living?" I asked a simple question for most, but it was hard question for, what i'm assuming, people like us.

"What do you mean? I own a bookstore, you know that." She sounds completely confident, but the fidgeting with her nails tells me otherwise.

"Not your actual job. The job that's not a cover up from who you really are." I sigh, "I promise you that you can trust me, whatever you say will stay between me and you alone. No one else, Just me and you...tell me who you are." I'm holding her hands and looking at her deep in the eyes, just like the night in the club. I remember her eyes to be soulful. Sealed with lots of love and affection, but also a familiar, intimate darkness that I see everytime I see my own reflection.

"I-I just met you Sin, I don't know you."

"So how about we change that? You'll assume something about me, I'll tell you if you're right or wrong and I'll do the same with you?"

She took a minute before answering to fully think it over, "Fine but I'll go first," I nodded. "But I need a drink."

I laughed to myself after she quickly let go of my hands to get up and bring back a full bottle of wine.

We made our way to the conch before she could ask the first question. "You actually like wearing skirts and were super excited when I offered you a glittery one?"

I laughed loudly, surprised by her first question and the fact that she said it so seriously. "No, but If Sapphire would've asked me to, I would have squeezed in that skirt."

She starts to laugh with me, "She is really demanding."

"What Little Fire wants, Little Fire gets," we finished up laughing. "Ok my turn, Sapphire gets all her sass and personality from you?"