Chapter 14: Fearful Sight

"Wait, I have an umbrella

"Wait, I have an umbrella." I say to Ms.Independent as she grabs the door handle. Reaching for the umbrella behind my seat, I quickly hop out the car to open her door.

She reluctantly took my offering hand. "You're so extra," she said, rolling her eyes.

Stopping in front of the warehouse doors, she turned to look up at me with an anxious look. Her eyes are big and soft, almost resembling an innocent puppy. A look that I can't help but smile at. "Nervous?"

Shaking her head she responded. "Nope, just wondering if I smell like sex or not."

I kissed her on her forehead. "No Angel, you do not smell like sex," I reassured.

Everyone was already present inside so I made Dianna stand with the rest while I gave orders. "For those who read the messages I sent, you should have seen the name, Elijah Callway. Most of you may or may not have heard his name floating around on the news for putting his company in debt. But that is no longer true because he officially cleared it a week ago. Even though he tried every possible way to keep the happy news to himself, I thought I would call a meeting tonight to properly congratulate him." Nodding at the men posted at the door frame, two more bring out a barely alive tied up man.

His clothes were ripped and drenched in blood. His right eye was permanently shut while the other was severely bruised. They dropped him near my feet as he coughed up blood.

I  smirk before saying, "Here he is, the man of the hour. How are you buddy?"

"P-please let me g--" Not being able to complete his sentence, he cries in pain after I drive my foot into his stomach.

"Sorry guys, I think he meant to say thank you for coming all this way to congratulate him. No, better yet, he should be apologizing. Isn't that right Elijah?" He's still a crying, coughing mess. "You see, my buddy over here cleared his debt with our own pockets. Almost 2 million was stolen by this man. How? You might ask, well that's what we're going to find out." Nodding again the same men took him away as he pleaded.

Following them to the next room with everyone else behind me, they tie him in the chair.

"Please, I-I can get your money back." Elijah said rapidly.

"No need. I just want to know how." He stays quiet. "Mhm, interesting."

Taking a knife from the table behind me, I lunged it into his shoulder. Twisting it over his screams I ask again, "How?"

"C-c-charles M-martínez." Answering over his cries. "H-he said you were an...easy target and would cover for me."

Taking the knife out and putting it in his leg next, I say, "Why would he do that?"

"My C-connections," he yells. "He wants power...your power. And with my connection In the marketing business, he could get more sales on his shipments."