Chapter 4: Or Else

The day was long and filled with too many surprises for my liking

Sin left but not before sharing more information about himself.

"Who even are you, for me to be working for,"

"I'm surprised you don't know. I'm Sin."

"Yeah, you said that." I rolled my eyes.

"Haynes."

That name.

Out of all the people that could've walked in this store it had to be a Haynes. Especially Him! Anyone who does my line of work should be way too familiar with that name.

"There it is, there's that expression I was looking for." His Cockingness is annoying.

"Fuck you."

"Oh Angel, you don't know how much I want to right now, but we have far more important things to discuss."

"Actually we don't." I walked away.

Seconds later I was pushed into the wall behind me, gently but rough as well. I can see he didn't want to necessarily hurt me, by protecting my head when pushing me, he just wanted to prove a point.

"What fu-"

"You know I wasn't kidding about the fucking you part right? But I also wasn't kidding about you being on my side."

"And if I don't join your side?" Our lips are the closest they've ever been.

"Then you die." he whispers in my ear in a hash tone.

"Mhm, so cold." I whisper back, biting my lip.

Taking a look at my lips he sigh to himself in a low sound, "Fuck." And I swear I could feel his manhood on the lower part of my stomach.

Snapping back to reality and disconnecting myself from his charm, I push him back with my palm still resting on his chest. "Although, I don't think you would kill a mother, right?"

"Damn your right. Looks like I'll just have to kill that little boyfriend of yours instead." He said, catching me off guard.

"Boyfrien- oh you mean Owen." I said laughing.

"Why are you laughing? I literally told you I was going to kill your...whatever he is to you."

"Owen is my best friend, not that's it's any of your business. "

"Ok and?"

"I honestly just find it funny that you think you can kill him."

"I can do whatever I please." He takes a step forward.

"That's the thing, you can't." I take a step forward, in return. "I kill you before you even do so. I kill you before your little, tiny brain even realizes what's happening." And another step from me, followed by me pulling the strings of his jacket so he reaches my eye level. "Because contrary to what most believe, I can do far more than shoot legs, Sin Haynes."

Saying He was speechless would be an understatement. He was beyond surprised by my comment. And everything I said was true entirely. But what had me even more surprised was when his lips connected with mine.

And damn, I hated every moment of it.

I hated how soft his lips were.

I hated how passionate his movement was.

I hate his voice and how he talks to me.

I hated his body and how tall and built he was.

God I hated it!

But what I hated the most was...

"I hate you...so much." I moaned into his mouth.

"Mhm...me too Angel, me too." He kissed me even more passionately as I jumped to wrap my legs around his waist.

"Fuck Angel." He moaned into my mouth this time.

Our tongues began to fight for dominance until we were once again, fucking interrupted by that bell.

"I swear I'm going to burn that bell." I said while quickly getting myself together.

He chuckled, "If I wasn't mistaken Angel, I would've thought you wanted to continue, or maybe yet, go a little farther."

I rolled my eyes and pushed him out the way as I walked over to the elder lady who comes here often.

"Ms. Sarah, how are you? Is there something I can help you with?"

"Oh no sweetie. I just came to drop off these brownies I made for you and sweet Sapphire. Is she here by the way, I want to say hello?" She asked with a kind smile.

"She's with her uncle, but I'll be sure to let her know you stopped by." I can now see Sin walking in the corner of my view.

"Oh sweetie, who is this?" She asked, looking at him.

"Hello Ms...?"

"Sarah." She answered.

"Ms.Sarah." He smiled, kissing her hand.

"Oh goodness, Dianna, you didn't tell me you had such a handsome boyfriend. What a beautiful couple."

"He not-"

"Sin Haynes, ma'am."

"Wow how lovely. Well I should get going and you take care of my girls ok? They're good people" she pointed towards Sin.

"I'll make it my mission, Ms.Sarah."

She smiled once again before leaving. God, I love her. She was always so caring and kind to us, but part of me feels like I hardly deserve it.

I look over at Sin, "You need to leave, now."

"Not before we talk." He said almost as if he was warning me.

"Not here." I responded in the same tone.

"Dinner at yours or mine?" He asked, smiling like an idiot.

"Mines, now goodbye." I said before pushing him out the door.

"What, no kiss goodbye?"

"Bye, Mr.Haynes." I shut the door behind him and finally let out a breath, I didn't know I was holding.

That's when the reality of what just happened hit me.

I stupidly invited a mafia leader into my house.

Fuck, Ruby's going to Kill me.

I called her after a couple of minutes of me panicking and pacing back and forth.

"Dianna are you fucking crazy!" Ruby yelled.

"I didn't really have much of a choice Ru. He threatened Owen." I argued back. "We're just going to talk, I'm not going to accept the offer."

She sighed and looked at me, "Diamond, I think...you should."

"What?" I responded in shock. "One moment you're against it and the next you're all for it."

"D, We have been fighting for our entire lives meaning you have been protecting us our entire lives. Maybe you need a break and give someone else a turn."

"We don't even know him, we can't even trust him."

"That's what the dinner is for right? And plus you have enough trust in him to invite him over." She kinda had a point.

"Fine, but you're staying."

"Of course I am. You thought I was going to leave some mafia stranger with my sister and niece?"

"God I love you." I admitted.

"Duh, who wouldn't."