Aadrika got proposal

Nia Pov:

The Alarm beep besides me an I wake up, it was early but I didn't feel like going back to sleep. He was still sleeping, I went inside the washroom freshening up. These cramps were hurting badly, so after doing my morning ritual, I boil water looking for a tea packet. I hear his footsteps so I turn and he gives my phone.

"Hello mother," I say

"Where are you Ni??? Have you checked the time???" She says softly scolding me.

"Mom I will see you soon," I say

"You are going to miss your prayers," she says reminding me

"Mum I got my periods," I say and she ends the calls telling me to reach home before breakfast and I nod. My family is religious so every morning we worship and pray to all Hindu gods. Kesh brings my chamomile tea passing the cup and kissing my forehead. He walks in his bedroom and returns after taking a shower, we drive back to the city. He drives me to my place and stops few blocks earlier. I say goodbye to him and start walking back to my house.

Dad was reading newspaper in the lawn, I greet him with morning kiss and he smiles. I go back inside my room, taking a shower first because if I don't then mom will not give me breakfast, weird rules.

After shower I change into a dark blue crop top and ripped jeans, I roll my hair in a bun without combing.

"Where were you last night Ni???" She  questions when I sit on our bed.

"Why do you care Di (sister)???" I question back scrolling on my phone ignoring eye contact.

"Answer me Ni," she says pulling my phone and folding her hands on her chest. I tell her that I was at Hazel place taking my phone from her hand.

"Are you sure," she says and I nod

"I thought she is out of station," she says frowning and I nod.

"So now someone wants to keep an eye on me," I say folding my hands on my chest.

" You are my sister," she says

"Yah right Di, for someone you never had time," I say annoyed

"Please Ni, you know I was preparing for my medical exams," she says

"Right Di, thanks for being perfect," I say going out of the room. She calls my name but it fades in background. I sit on the breakfast table with my father and mom serves us breakfast. I didn't hate my sister, I am happy that she chased her dream and didn't give up. She soon joins us and sits opposite to me, talking to my parents. I focus on my breakfast while all three of them chat happily.

"Aadrika now that, you have finished your internship, we were thinking about your marriage," Dad says and I choke, mom rushes to me patting my back, passing me a glass of water. I keep the empty glass on the table and Dad asks me if I am fine and I nod.

I heard him talking to mom about Aakesh proposal to my sister but now when he is talking my heartbeat picked up, waiting for what she is going to say.

"Whatever you decide is right, Dad????" She says

"No it isn't, you should take your own decision Di," I say

"She is right Ri, you are big enough to take your own decision," Mom says and Dad nods.

"Okay fine, what do you think Ni?" she says and I look at her shocked. All 3 pairs of eyes are on me, expecting for an answer. If it have been other time I would have kept quiet and said nothing but for Kesh, I can't give up even a tiny single chance.

"You should get married to a Doctor, who will have a good understanding and respect you and your profession," I say and she looks at me surprised but soon she covers it nodding her head.