Cake

Nia feels a pang of jealously looking at Kesh worries for Monisha. He never did anything like this for her, would he react like this for Nia but then she wasn't sensitive. Did he prefer sensitive girls? Girls who was dependent on their man. She wasn't like that. She never needed anyone to protect her. She often has to go after Max when he was caught in his mission to rescue him. She has lost count on how many times she had to sneak outside at midnight to save him. She always returned with bruises and wound. He used to get mad at her but she never payed attention to his words.

Monisha skin was porcelain with no flaws while her's was flawed. A single scratch on her body and It wouldn't go away for like ages but she never felt insecured because Kesh never said anything bad. Infact he helped in taking care of her wounds. She got insecured and when Aakesh eyes falls on her, he softens telling the maid to bandage her wounds.

He knew she didn't like him getting close to another women but surprisingly she never said anything or asked him about her. This wasn't the girl he knew. Last time when Kaya confessed her liking towards him, she wanted to kill her but now she was behaving different. He was scared now he didn't wanted to lose his wife. He thoughts get interrupted when Monisha hugs him crying.

The way Monisha was clinging to him was making Nia blood boil and her husband was just looking at Nia, as if her presence was making him uncomfortable. She turned her heels walking outside the exit. She can't let her sense get clouded by jealousy especially when she knew there is nothing between them and Monisha is just trying to manipulate her.

She isn't stupid to trust people blindly around her. She already knew what Monisha was doing but only thing she didn't understand was how to stop her. The reason of her sanity was that there were nothing romantic between them. Max had already told her everything going on between Monisha and her husband.

She went to her room thinking of completing her left articles. She had been delaying her work because of the family drama.

Meanwhile her husband snapped out of the trance once he saw his wife leaving without saying anything or confronting him.

"Monisha behave yourself." He says warning her and she steps back apologizing.

"But Kesh I just----" she says explaining but Kesh cuts her off. He wasn't interested in knowing what was going inside her brain and she crossed all the line calling him by the name his wife gave. He didn't let anyone call him by that not even his family members.

"Monisha only person who is allowed to call me Kesh is my wife, Niashya Aakesh Ananth and other than her nobody has the right. And don't try to touch me again I hate other women touching me." Aakesh says snapping at her. Monisha was taken back with his sudden outburst. He leaves her telling the maids to take care of her wounds. Although he has told her numbers of times but still she would emotionally blackmail him but now it's look like he could see through the facade. She couldn't afford to lose Aakesh. This was the only opportunity she couldn't lose everything.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Nia was sitting with her legs inside the pool with Akshit and his cousins, planning Kesh birthday. As soon as they hear footstep they changed the topic.

"Nia, how can you be pregnant?" Kesh says walks towards her. Like he didn't knew. As soon as he came from his office, he saw a pregnancy report with his wife name. He came looking for her.

"C'mon Kesh you don't want me taking you back to your School just to teach you how can I be pregnant. Do you?" She says giggling and air quoting his question while everyone started laughing.

"I haven't forgotten anything baby. How do you think I fulfill all your fantasies." He says whispering in her ear nuzzling his nose making her face red. He chuckles looking at her flushed face and she hides her face with her hair biting her inner lips. She was used to him being bold towards her but she haven't gotten used to the fact that they are married and now he can make her blush infront of everyone. What a shameless man. Nevermind she is already madly in love with this shameless man.

"Shut up Kesh. Now can you please get to the point." She says glaring at him and Kesh pulls her hair from her face tugging it behind her left ear.

"Nia you know I don't like kids and don't want kids either." He says sighing and she nods smiling while he kisses her cheeks.

"Don't worry I am not pregnant that is not my report." She says clarifying his doubts and Kesh leaves telling her that he will get changed. She turns upset with the fact that her husband doesn't want his kids while she wants to be a mother.

"Are you sure you married the right man?" Akshit says blunty making Nia frown. She knew her man wasn't perfect but doesn't mean people would fall in love calculating flaws.

"Akshit what is your problem? Why do you always blame everything on him? I get it you have problems with him but he is my husband." She says annoyed. Akshit was used to her taking his side but he always thought Sia could get any man, she desires. She didn't have to try while with Aakesh she was the only one who was putting efforts. And that wasn't true. Nia was expressive while he wasn't. The only difference between them but he wouldn't see his efforts.

"Right a husband who doesn't value your opinion." He says mocking. He hated when his brother went on controlling mode on his Sia.

"Akshit you really believe in his words that was his insecurity speaking. He isn't ready for kids and I respect it. And for your information, nobodies opinion is unvalued. If I want kids then I can and he will always accept my choice." She says defending him. She leaves getting mad at the fact that her best friend never fails to point fingers on her husband. She knew they had problems but that doesn't mean he will go around blaming everything on him.

-------------------------------------------------------------

All the preparation was done for his birthday, from decoration to his favourite food everything was on point. The only thing left was cake which hopefully should be delivered within an hour. She goes to her room, changing into a red anarkali suit pairing with a golden jhumka. She left her hair open, applied eyeliner and a dark red lipstick matching the shade with her dress. When she goes down the guests were already coming. She called Kesh and he said, he would be home any moment now.

She goes to the kitchen to check the preparation but she saw the bakery had delivered the wrong cake. She calls them giving piece of her mind and they  apologises for the wrong order. A pair of arms snaked around her stomach from behind. She turn anxious but when she realizes it was her husband, she calms down, leaning her head on his chest.

"What happened? Why are you mad?" Kesh says giving wet kisses on her neck.

"They delivered the wrong cake." She says pouting and turning to him.

"So, I don't mind as long as I get to eat my wife as a birthday present." He says kissing her cheeks.

"I mind Kesh it's your birthday and I will not compromise on my husband choices." She says and he pecks her lips. She called Hazel, asking her to bring blueberry cake on her way because the bakery said they will prepare her new order but won't be able to deliver. Kesh chuckles at her stubbornness. Kesh didn't like celebrating birthday but when Nia wanted something she does it, no one can stop her not even him. She loved pampering him.

It was already 3 am when the guests left after the celebration. The family members exhausted went to bed and even Kesh was in his bedroom waiting for her.

When Nia reached upstairs. There was a power cut and all her fears for darkness came rushing to her mind. She wanted to call Kesh but before she could say anything someone pushed her from the staircase and she came rolling downstairs. As soon as her head hit the steps, she lost consciousness.

Monisha was waiting for one perfect opportunity to teach her lesson. So she intentionly switched off the lights but when she realized Nia was scared of darkness. She instantly decide to push her down the stairs and when she saw Nia was alone, she sneaked behind her and pushed her.