Immaturity

Kesh Pov:

I was supposed to complete all my work today because tomorrow morning me, Nia and others were going for a trip to Switzerland for a week. We got engaged few days back and now we no longer have to hide our relationship. I see Nia walking to my cabin, fixing her mint green saree and opening her hair. Once she was satisfied with her appearance she walks inside.

"Sorry, I am late." She says

"I figured that out love, tell me how did the meeting go?" I ask

"I am not sure. Why don't you check yourself." She says passing me the file and I take it, checking inside.

"I knew you would do that. Come here." I say smiling and opening my arms. She  hugs me and I kiss her forehead.

"Kesh How could you be show sure? What if I have messed it?" She says still nervous. I have always know Nia to be a confident girl at times she gets nervous but she knows how to blend in any situation.

"Because I know you love and it was already messed up, so it wouldn't have matter but see I know you would and you did." I say patting her head and she smiles. Ashish had messed this deal not just once but twice. His negligence towards the clients wasn't appealing to them and they didn't want to sponsor our upcoming projects. If not for our market reputation things could have gone down fall. Also, if Nia didn't come as our saviour. She sometimes helps me with my work.

"You taking interview." She says and I nod sitting.

"Why don't you take it while I complete my work...please love." I say and she sighs.

"According to you what is important individuality or team work for a success of any project?? And you have 30 seconds so starting speaking after 30 seconds without any reminder." She says. She sits in front of me using her phone. I smile at her attitude going back to my work.

"Ma'am you aren't even listening. I have been speaking for more than 2 minutes." A girl says.

"Malika, I don't care how long you had been speaking and if I am not listening then you should stop. Let others speak." Nia says annoyed.

"Niashya this isn't fair." She says glancing in my direction and Nia rolls her eyes.

"Malika, I asked for an opinion but I guess my question wasn't clear to you. A good speaker is the one who knows how to catch attention but you certainly failed." She says slacking off.

"I am a good speaker it just you who isn't listening." She says

"Who cares Malika? I don't need this job you do? So mind your attitude." Nia says pissed watching at the entrance. I hear a knock and I allow Pranali. The girl, Malika backs off at her harsh tone.

"How do you know her?" I ask

"Not just her I know Raina and Disha, they were my classmates and Pari, my favourite cousin." She says pointing at them and smiling.

"Can I hire her?" She says whispering but I am sure everyone heard it.

"You can hire anyone baby, with or without interview." I say smiling

"Really then Pari, you got this job." She says smiling.

"Thanks Di, love you." She says excited.

"Wait let me complete first. All of you will go for training period for a week before getting hired, including you Pari. And later we will would decide if anyone gets the job or not." She says informing everyone.

"Ma'am do we get salary for that?" A boy says.

"No and if anyone here don't wish for training, you can leave." She says strictly. I know she wanted to be biased but her morals would never let her.

"Sir, your coffee and the files you asked for." Pranali says

"Keep it on the table." I say

"Isn't it hot?" Nia says folding her arms and looking at Pranali and she nods. Nia takes the remote lowering the temperature almost freezing us.

"What are you doing?" I ask

"Just helping her. And please feel free if you wanted to remove your dress. I don't mind neither Mr. Ananth will." She says blunty making me glare at her.

"Excuse me sir, let me know if you need anything " she says rushing towards the door.

"Pranali take the candidates with you and take them for training." I say and wait for them to leave.

"What the hell was that Niashya?" I asked pissed at her attitude.

"What? Did you not see her? The way she was talking." She says jealous

"That is not how you talk. Do you Baby!!"  I say walking towards her.

"Please Kesh, she was throwing herself on you." She says

"I don't care Nia. She does her work that is all I care. And as far as your concern Did I look at her." I say trying to control my anger.

"Fine, I get your point and I am sorry." She says walked outside.

"Stop Nia. You are not leaving. I am not done yet." I say but she didn't stop. I wanted to follow her but I still had work. I don't understand her immaturity why did she have to get jealous for this.

I try to focus on my work inspite of Nia distracting me. I was done with all my important work in advance, so that I could spent my time with her. It was past 11 when I was done. I drive home and when I reached home. I saw Kaya sitting on the living room while the whole house was quite. I wonder what kept her waiting this late.

"What are you doing here Kaya?" I ask when she was lazily scrolling on her phone.

"I was waiting for you." She says making me furrow my eyebrows.

"Why would you wait for me?" I ask her with a straight face.

"Everyone has already gone to bed Aakesh and I thought I could serve you dinner. You might not like to eat alone so I was waiting." She says smiling at me.

"Kaya, how many times I have told you not do all this. I can help myself." I say annoyed

"Aakesh I know you can but I want to. I am daughter in law of this house. It's my responsibility to take care of you." She says stepping towards me and I step back.

"Fine, serve dinner and leave." I say dismissing her. I don't understand why do I feel Kaya, has other motive towards me. She hardly cares for her husband or anyone in this house but she always tries to cross her line with me. I have been neglecting her hints hoping badly to be proved wrong.

"Aakesh you food is ready, come." She says taking my hand and I pull back annoyed. I hate when anyone touches, specially if she is your sister in law.

"Sent it in my room." I say walking inside my room.

When I was done taking a shower, I changed into a pajamas and t-shirt. I walk back in my room drying my hair with a towel. I see Kaya sitting on my bed.

"Kaya what are you doing in my room at this time? Shouldn't you leave after bringing my food." I say gritting my teeth. I remember I told her, sent it in my room not bring it in my room.

"I am sorry. I was just leaving." She says rushing outside.

"Wait send someone to change the sheets." I say and she nods leaving.

I sit on the couch taking my plate. When I done with my dinner I call Nia hoping her anger might have gone by now by the time the manservant was done changing my bed sheets.

"Hello." She says in her sleepy voice.

"Nia, isn't it early for you to sleep." I say most of the night she is awake because she sleeps during the day.

"Don't talk to me. I am still mad at you. You picked that girl over me. I hate you Kesh." She says

"I am sorry baby. I know I over reacted." I say trying to lighten her mood.

"No all you do is say sorry but continue doing." She says. She goes on complaining while I wait until she was done, laying on the bed. I didn't realize when my eyes felt droopy and I fell into a deep slumber.