Grandma

Kesh Pov:

I waited till her figure faded before driving to my house. I parked my car, moving inside just when I was at the door step I heard my Grandma voice. I wasn't close with her, so I took her blessings and without saying anything, I went upstairs to my room. I heard Ma, scolding me for being rude to her but I as usual ignored her with an excuse of work.

I didn't like being around grandma, she is manipulative. She hates if someone didn't listen to her and since, she takes decision in this family we are forced to listen to her. She enjoyed the power, she had over each one of us in this family. She despised people outshining her, the only reason I wasn't me inside this house.

My mom choose to work after marriage, going against her decision so grandma played tricks to prove her wrong in every chance she would get. Finally after years when she got successful, she brought Trilekha Ma with an intention to control her and destroy Mom (Raagavi).

Dadi (Grandma) was favoured by Ma(Trilekha) but when she understood the real motive of Dadi she stopped blindly trusting her. Ma and Mom still have problems between them but for me and my siblings they made sure to keep us above anything. They respect each other inspite of everything and makes sure everyone does that.

They faced many challenges in their relationship but Dad made sure to develop an understanding between three of them. Both of them, have a great bonding because they realized they need to accept each other to have peace in the family. Nothing was perfect when Ma married my father, Dad wasn't ready to accept her because he loved mom but Ma wasn't a typical girl. She understood their position, and choose to give time on her work. Over the years Ma and Mom, started getting close to each other and decided to remains friends rather than love rivals. Basically now my parents are best friends and not couples. It sounds weird but for them it works in each other favour. Dadi was responsible for everything just because Dad hurt her ego and got married to the girl he chose, she destroyed this family.

"Aakesh," I hear Tanmay Chachu knock outside my room

"Yes chachu, please come inside," I reply

"How is work going?," Chachu ask

"Chachu get to the point, it isn't like you don't know," I say and he nods.

"I want you to head the deals with Italians," he says nervously

"Isn't that your project?," I ask confused and he nods.

"It's time for you to take responsibility Aakesh," Chachu says

"If by responsibilities you mean taking charge of your projects then no," I say

"It's my decision son," he says firmly

"Chachu It's your dream project, you have been working on that for years, I can't take credits when you finally got this," I say

"Aakesh you are my son, it's nothing wrong with taking credits anyhow at the end of the day that will be profitable to our company," he says smiling

"But chachu---" I try to say but I get cut of with a glare so I nod.

After I agreed, chachu discuss the leads and after what feels like an hour or something a maid let's us know that breakfast is ready. So we both go downstairs, Dad and Chachu discuss about their new project, occasionally asking for my opinions. Now, I understand why chachu has to step out of his Italy project because Dad didn't like the idea for foreign investment but chachu wanted to take risk, so inspite of Dad being against Italy project chachu wasn't giving up. However, now that the current situation demanded attention, chachu had to give me responsibilities.

Nia was obsessed with Italy, she often dreamt of visiting Italy atleast once in her life. I wonder how would she react when I share this news with her.

"Aaki beta (son) why are you smiling, share with us we would love to know," chachi (Samira) says bringing me out of my thoughts. I shake my head telling her she might have mistaken.