Break up

Kesh pov:

It's been a week since we saw each other. The last time we met we had a fight because she didn't want to break her sister heart even if it meant breaking her own. I miss her but she is just being thoughtless, I can't fix her stupid brain. This stupid girl is not only putting our happiness at stake but also her sister. Aadrika agreed to marry me and this is the reason Nia broke up with me.

"Relax this isn't your first fight, she will come along," Laksh says pulling me out of thought.

"Shut up, everything is your fault. This was all your stupid idea," I say glaring at him.

"I was trying to help Bro. How would I know things would turn out like this?" He says

"So much for a help Laksh, you spoiled everything," I say trying to control my anger.

"She is coming too maybe seeing her will make you feel better," He says trying to divert my mind.

Aadrika and I were on a blind date with family of course, before we decide to get married. Everyone was here and her family would join us soon. We were waiting for them and after 20 mins they show up. Dadi weirdly didn't feel offended, normally she hated when they were late but maybe because she brought as early. Then I saw her in royal blue long gown Indian dress, whatever she calls it. Her duppata was hanging leisurely in her left hand. My breath stopped and I wasn't able to take my eyes of her.

"Bro what are you doing," Laksh whispers pulling my hand.

"What," I snapped fixing my glasses. When I turn her father was looking at me and I look down, embarrassed. After sometime I feel Nia taking a seat opposite to me but her Mom stops her telling her to take another one and she does shifting to the other one.

"Hey Nia---shya," Laksh says trying to pronounce her full name when she glares at him for calling her Nia.

"Hey," she says softly

Once I hear her voice I start smiling like a teenager and Laksh elbow me and I fix myself glaring at him.

"You know her Laksh," Dad ask

"Yes uncle, if I hadn't known then would I have recommend her for Aakesh?" Laksh says scratching his neck making everyone confused. The waiter comes to our table so they stop their conversation ordering their food. She bites her lips nervously glaring at Laksh and he ignores eye contact. The table was completely silent after what Laksh said and he was unbothered.

"Laksh we sent proposal for her elder sister, Aadrika," Dad says firmly

"Oh I am sorry, I thought you sent his proposal for Niashya," Laksh says awkward. I was proud of him for saying this at this moment but I only hope this works in our favour.

"I hope you didn't have inconvenience while coming," Dadi says turning to her family

"No there wasn't traffic," her father says

"So Aadrika how is your work going???" Ma asks

"Thanks for asking, It's going well," Aadrika says with a smile. Nia was right, they both had similarities, they looked almost same but still I loved Nia. The waiter brings food serving to us and left once Dadi told him.

The whole time Nia was using her phone under the table and she was so quite that no would notice her. I text her but she isn't replying nor looking at me. She starts eating once she sees everyone starting but then after few bites she starts hiccuping and sniffing, followed by her tears. I was about to pass her the glass when Aadrika did, patting her back.

"Ni are you okay?" she nods but tears were still flowing with her hiccups. I pass my glass hesitating and Aadrika takes it passing to her and she gulps the whole content down. After drinking another glass she felt better.