Truth

Monisha was delighted seeing Nia rolling down the stairs but her happiness was short lived when she heard footsteps. Just when Monisha was doing her happy dance she saw Drisana coming towards them. She didn't want to get caught or being blamed for Nia's condition so she started calling for help. She couldn't afford to spoil her image infront of Ananth's.

Kesh was already worried for her because of the sudden power cut. He knew she was scared of darkness and was about to come outside to check on her but before that he heard Monisha screaming for help. Everyone came outside but by the time they reached, Nia was already unconscious on the floor.

Kesh rushed towards her as soon as he saw her lying on the floor. He gently picked her up taking her to the hospital after asking his father to call the hospital and inform them about the emergency. He was panicking and pacing in the corridor, his hands were shaking while waiting for the doctor. He was blaming himself for her condition. If he would have been carefully then, she would have been home not in this bloody hospital.

The doctor informs him after 30 mins that she is fine. She was lucky enough to only have few bruises and sprain on her right wrist and ankle. After hearing him, he felt ease.

In the morning she was discharged. The doctor told her to have complete bed rest for atleast a week.

Kesh was scolding her for being careless after the doctor left.

"Aghhhhhhh." She says putting fingers on her ears hoping that he would stop scolding her now but instead he glares at her stupidity. He thought she was careless but only she knew who pushed her. Everyone was thanking her for saving her but infact she was the reason, she was in hospital.

"Kesh why is everyone saying that Monisha saved me?" She says annoyed and he looks at her.

"When you fell from the stairs only Monisha was there and as soon as she saw you falling she called everyone." He says and she rolls her eyes.

"What if she is the one who pushed me?" She says in a monotonous tone.

"Why would she push you love?" Kesh says taking her in his arms to his car. She didn't knew if Kesh would believe her or not and certainly pointing fingers on her would be frowned upon because everyone thinks she saved her. They will think she was jealous.

"Look everyone is staring at us why can't we use wheelchairs." She says hiding her face inside his neck and he chuckles.

"I like carrying you in my arms." He says and once they reached inside the car. He silently drives them to the their penthouse.

"Why are you taking me at our penthouse? Why not home?" She asked once she noticed.

"I want you all to myself." He says trying to cheer her up.

"Are you sure you have time sir because all I see you is running after the girl, who you call sister. But of course she loves you as her lovers." She says scoffing and he chuckles at her remarks.

"Wait till we reach home love. I want that attitude out of you." He says reminding her before turning his car on the crossover.

"As if you have time to discipline me sir." She says in a sarcastic tone.

"I have all the time in the world to discipline you love." He says glaring at her.

When they reached inside the penthouse. He saw that the decoration was still there. The melted candle wax, the white roses, lights, everything. When she looks at her she turns her face away, trying to avoid eye contact. If only Monisha didn't attempted suicide, he wouldn't have missed their date night. Her efforts wouldn't have been wasted. Once she was settled in her bed he confessed.

"I am sorry Nia. I never planned on missing our date. It's just that Monisha tried to attempt suicide and I have to be there because there was no one beside her. She was my responsibility especially when her father died at our construction site." He says in guilty tone.

"It's okay. I knew everything from her father's death to her pregnancy. I also know who is the father of her child." She says with a straight face and his eyes snaps at her. He didn't knew the details. Monisha tried to kill herself because she was raped and got pregnant. Apart from that he knew nothing.

"How do you know? Have you been spying on me love." He says glaring at her and she innocently shrugs.

"I also know that she wasn't raped. She just used this an opportunity to trap you in her words." Nia says making him shocked. She had told him that his brother, Ashish raped her that is the only reason, he took her responsibility. When her father died in the construction site, Ashish was given responsibility to settle the matter but who thought that Ashish would end up as an assaulter. That is what Monisha told him with proof of course. He knew this was wrong but all he wanted was to save his brother and that is when Monisha started putting ideas in his head.

"She told me Ashish raped her. I was only looking after him because as his brother I felt responsible for his mistake." Kesh says bitterly face palming sitting on the edges of the bed.

"Kesh, Monisha knew you are a family man. So she used Ashish, to make it look believable. He too was played. Monisha knew Ashish and Kaya aren't on good terms. When Monisha showed concern and care for him, he felt drawn towards her. He mistook that as love but certainly Ashish isn't the father of the child." Nia says breaking the news to him. She just got to know this a day before his birthday but she didn't say anything because she thought he would be upset. He would even call off his birthday party.

"Why didn't you tell me this earlier?" He says with a scowl turning to her.

"Tell you what Kesh. Did you even look at me since Monisha came. Suddenly she took away everything, my husband, my family. Do you even know that bitch has been trying to ruin my image in front of my in laws. She is sweet, innocent and dependent when you are around her." She saying grumbling. She had tried to tell him earlier but he would always shake that off saying she was overthinking. Like hell that was even an option. Her mind have been clouded by layers of insecurities lately. She didn't knew if he would even listen or not.

"I am sorry baby. I should have told you everything since the day this happened." He says cupping her face but she shakes him off.

"No Kesh you just got blind with her act. You didn't even realize that since the day she came she has been targeting me." She says disappointed in him. If only he could have communicated then things would have never been complicated. She had been trying to behave normal overlooking everything in their relationship only because she was scared of losing him.

"I am sorry." He says guilty but Nia wasn't ready to listen to him. She needed to release her bottled up emotions. Emotions that have been draining her from the past few weeks.

"Sorry for what Kesh. Not believing me or letting your mistress kill me." She says mocking him. His eyes snaps on her confused at what she said.

"She tried to kill you?" He says still not believing what he heard.

"Yah not just today but earlier too when I had returned home with bruises and you thought I was being reckless going on having fights." She says reminding him. Kesh was mad at her that day and when he saw bruises on her, his anger rose to the surface. She had missed one of his important meeting. He had given her a piece of his mind saying she was irresponsible all she cared about was that stupid job and he never wanted a wife like her. She wanted to tell him everything but when she heard him say things like that she changed her mind, disappointed.

Of course he cared about her. He hated his wife going out helping Max and returning home wounded but even after telling her to stop she never listened. Who will like to see their wife hurt.

That day he did say those harsh words because he was angry at her but for not caring about herself. He pulled her in his embrace. Nia didn't tell him that time because she got mad at his outburst. He clenched his fist trying to control his burning rage. He wanted to kill her for hurting his wife. She is lucky that his wife is fine otherwise he wouldn't mind killing that bitch.