Shadows & Whispers

Finally, they reached the center of the maze, where the Triwizard Cup shimmered temptingly in the moonlight. Without hesitation, Harry and Cedric sprinted towards it, their eyes fixed on the prize that awaited them.

But as they drew closer, Cedric slowed his pace, turning to Harry with a solemn expression. "You go on, Harry," he said quietly. "You saved my life back there with the dragons. This is your moment."

Harry's heart clenched at Cedric's words, a mix of gratitude and guilt swirling inside him. "But we did this together," he insisted, shaking his head.

Cedric offered him a small, reassuring smile. "I insist. You've earned it."

Reluctantly, Harry nodded, understanding the weight of Cedric's sacrifice. With a final glance at his friend, he reached out and grasped the Triwizard Cup, feeling a surge of energy course through him as he made contact.

And then, in an instant, everything changed. The world around him blurred and twisted, the familiar sights and sounds of Hogwarts fading away as he was transported to a place he could never have imagined.

═════ ◈ ═════

Draco stood in the crowed as a large silence fell through the crowd. Cedric Diggory had returned meaning Harry had won but he didn't show up. Everyone got anxious and worried as they all waited for him. Soon a loud sound was heard and they could see the body of a 14 year old from afar.

The band begun playing music as everyone chanted his name. Everyone excited and happy, expecting him to rejoice in his victory but he didn't

Instead he fell to the ground. Clenching his hands to his stomach and he cried. Draco feet itched to leave the crowd and go up to him, ask him whats wrong and hold him. Dumbledore swiftly directed everyone to silence as he slowly made his way to the brunette boy. He cried and cried and when Dumbledore asked him what was going om, the words he uttered left everyone shocked.

"He's back...Voldemort...Voldemort's back!"

He seemed as pale as fresh paper, sobbing hysterically. Dumbledore did his best to comfort him until Fudge pulled him over, discussing over whatever the fuck they assumed was more important than Harry.

Soon, Professor Moody picked him up and dragged him out, something about him needing to rest and lay down.

═════ ◈ ═════

The hospital wing was bathed in a soft, ethereal glow from the moonlight filtering through the windows, casting long shadows across the room. Harry lay in one of the beds, his gaze fixed on the ceiling as he listened to the gentle hum of magic and the distant rustle of fabric. Madam Pomfrey had just finished her rounds and left, she was checking on the various injuries sustained during the chaotic events of the Triwizard Tournament.

As the clock ticked steadily towards midnight, a figure slipped silently into the room, moving with the grace of a shadow. Draco Malfoy, his features softened by the dim light, approached Harry's bedside with a mixture of apprehension and determination. He knew he shouldn't be here, sneaking into the hospital wing after hours, but he couldn't bear the thought of leaving Harry alone.

"Harry," Draco whispered, his voice barely more than a breath as he reached out to gently touch Harry's arm.

Startled, Harry turned his head to see Draco standing beside him, a faint smile playing at the corners of his lips despite the exhaustion evident in his eyes.

"Draco," Harry murmured, a mixture of surprise and gratitude flickering in his gaze. "What are you doing here?"

Draco shrugged nonchalantly, though his eyes betrayed the intensity of his emotions. "Just thought I'd check in on you, see how you're holding up after... everything."