Broken Shards of a Mirror

Pansy and Draco were lounging in the common room, chatting idly about the upcoming Quidditch match, when they spotted Harry across the room. He was surrounded by a group of giggling fifth-year girls, one of whom was holding a rose and blushing furiously.

Pansy nudged Draco with her elbow, a mischievous glint in her eye. "Looks like Potter's got himself a secret admirer."

Draco raised an eyebrow, watching as the girl handed Harry the rose with a shy smile. "Seems like it," he replied, trying to sound nonchalant.

Pansy chuckled. "Better keep an eye on him, Draco. With those green eyes and that messy hair, he's got half the school swooning over him."

Draco's jaw clenched at the thought of Harry being admired by other students. "I'll keep watch," he muttered, unable to hide the jealousy in his voice.

As the girls finally left, Draco couldn't help but feel a surge of irritation. He didn't like the idea of Harry being pursued by other people, even if it was just harmless flirting.

Draco approached Harry and pulled him into a secluded corner, his frustration boiling over. Without a word, he pressed his lips against Harry's, needing to feel that connection, that reassurance that Harry was his and his alone.

"What was that for?" Harry asked, his cheeks flushed from the unexpected kiss.

Draco pulled back slightly, his gaze intense. "I don't like it when other people flirt with you," he admitted, his voice tinged with jealousy.

Harry's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Draco, it's not like I encourage it. You know I'm only interested in you."

Draco's grip tightened on Harry's hand. "I know, but it still bothers me. You have no idea how annoying it is to watch them fawn over you."

Harry sighed, running a hand through his hair. "I'm sorry, Draco. I can't control what other people do."

"Well, maybe you should make it clear that you're taken," Draco snapped, his frustration bubbling to the surface.

Harry's expression hardened. "I shouldn't have to. You should trust me enough to know that I'm faithful to you."

Draco's jaw clenched at Harry's words. "Trust?" he scoffed. "How can I trust you when you're keeping so many secrets from me?"

Harry's eyes widened in surprise. "What secrets?"

Draco shook his head, a bitter laugh escaping him. "Don't play dumb, Harry. I know about your little visits to Dumbledore. And your flirt session with the Weaslette yesterday."

Harry's face paled, the color draining from his cheeks. "Ginny is just a friend! And with Dumbledore, what's wrong? He's literally helping me, It's because of what's going on with Voldemort—"

"What's so bad that you can't even tell me?" Draco interrupted, his tone harsh. "You tell Hermione everything, but you can't trust me?"

"It's not that, Draco. I just... I can't explain it. It's complicated."

"Complicated?" Draco's eyes narrowed. "You expect me to trust you, but you won't trust me with something that important?"

Harry felt tears prick at the corners of his eyes. "Draco, you out of all people should care about me," he said, his voice shaking. "This entire year, it feels like you haven't even tried to be there for me."

Draco's mouth opened to retort, but Harry continued, his emotions spilling out. "You don't understand what it's like, Draco. I'm fighting this war inside me, and I'm scared. I'm scared every single day, and I need you. But you're not there. You're always making excuses, avoiding me like a disease. I feel like I'm the only one trying to keep us together. Do you know how that feels? To be so alone in this?"