An Old Friend

"-You are alive? And well right?" Phil finally finished his onslaught of questions to Techno. Some were impossible to decipher due to how much he was crying. It was so interesting seeing how he reacted to each reincarnation.

Theseus was happiness, yet not overdone.

William was... not that big of a reaction shockingly, probably due to not knowing William long enough in the past.

Mine was clingy behaviours and sudden love.

While Techno... he was just crying from pure happiness.

I guess Technoblade had a really big impact on him...

"Doing as well as I can be," Said man made a little joke out of one of the questions. We were able to see him shrug off the worry due to his camera being on. And boy did Phil have questions for that too.

"Brown hair?"

"I got pink dye in my hair, ya blind?" He laughed a little at the end. Showing his hair more clearly to the camera.

"Your hair used to be so long-"

"Hey! It's up to my ears. At least I ain't bald or something."

"True.... but you look so much different now. If you and Theseus had not specifically told me... I would have thought you were just a regular mortal," Phil explained, face so obvious with anxiety of what could of been.

"Okay, but how different was I back then?" Techno asked, watching as I shuffled around to move over to my desk. "Oh shit you got a picture?"

"Yeah it's on my PC," I answered, placing the phone at an angle so we could all still see each other. I began clicking in my folders to find the specific image I had taken at some point in my travels. Though when and where in the castle was the question, my memory was so shit I had forgotten. Thankfully after a bit of scoring it didn't take long for me to find the photo I was referencing to the past knight about.

"Well damn... is that really my past self?" His voice softens as the picture was sent into the group chat through the website version of Discord instead. Despite it being a family portrait Techno was able to instantly figure out who his past self was in the painting. Almost like his mind was remembering in a way. "You weren't lying Phil, long and pink."

"Oh and it's braided too!" Tommy spoke up, smiling at the family portrait. Philza was too, a longing smile more of though. I stared at the painting, the other's voices drowning out. The conversation becoming nothing but muted water-logged gurgles.

I couldn't find the urge to smile at it.
...
I didn't want to smile at it.

The more I looked at it. I wouldn't look at anyone else but Kristin. That was my past self; the past me. The one who gave Philza this immortality. I looked nothing like her now, I mean... I apparently have the attitude like her, Philza said that himself when we first met in the castle, but looks-wise.

Nothing.

Did Phil even like me for me?
No... impossible.
He only started being all lovey dovey the moment he found out I was the reincarnation of his wife.

He longed for the past, and he was getting it. But it would never be the same. Never...

"My love, are you alright?" His soft voice, with addition to his hand gently touching my shoulder, snapped me back to reality. No one's words sounding like they were choking up with water, everything clear as could be. "You have been staring at the electronic screen with a deadly blank expression the entire time."

"Huh? I'm as good as I can be," I responded, trying to sound less dead than my own face was at that moment. Phil squinted his eyes at me, before sighing and softening back up. "Well... what now?"

"I would have to prefer that seeing everyone within my family in reality would be better."

"Wha-?" Tommy asked, dumbly staring at the screen that had us showing on it. Techno only raised a brow, processing the new speech he'd have to get used to.

"You... want to see Tommy and Techno in person together?" I asked, sighing in massive relief as the king nodded his head. I heard the old knight hum to himself, an intense glare stayed for a second before it softened.

"You're lucky you got me to turn my camera on," He said, pausing for a bit before sighing. "But with everything Tommy said, and what's happened now. Guess I gotta believe it."

"Whatcha mean?"

"I'll come see you all in person, including you Tommy."