Interlude

(Spoiler alerts, don't read this chapter if you did not read jjk chapters after 236)

........................

Between November 24 and December 24, 2018

Before the fight between Sukuna and Gojo.

Gojo Satoru: 29 years old / Utahime: 31 years old

.............................................................

Somewhere in Shibuya district.

Satoru : "Aren't you happy to see me again?"

Utahime : "Yes, I am."

Satoru : "You don't look like it though?..."

Utahime : "Yes, I am. I already told you!"

Satoru : "Ohoh calm down Utahime! You still have a bad temper from what I see."

Utahime : "Why did you want to see me?"

Satoru : "I wanted to discuss an important subject."

Utahime : " What is it ?"

Satoru : "Don't you think I've become even more handsome and muscular? Just look at those abs?!"

Utahime sighed.

Utahime was both desperate and annoyed by his remark. How could he be still so childish?

Usually she would have slapped him. But now things were different.

Since Satoru had been sealed by Kenjaku, the world had been plunged into indescribable chaos, and he did not seem to be really aware of it.

Sure, he had been locked in a box for over a month, but the world had changed a lot since the Shibuya events.

Utahime : "Did you call me to tell me that ? " Utahimereplied who had some difficulty hiding her irritation.

Satoru : "Rohhh Utahime, relax a bit !"

Utahime :"How do you expect me to relax in such a situation?!! Since you were sealed, the deaths have numbered in thousands! Nanami!, Professor Yaga! They are all deads now! Several of our students also lost their lives while fighting in the deadly hunt..."

Gojo became silent.

Satoru :" Okay. So I'll get straight to the point in this case: let's get married."

Utahime :" Pardon me?! Are you kidding me??"

Satoru :" No."

Utahime :" What is this story of marriage? We are no longer teenagers!"

Satoru :" I know. I'm not asking you to marry me for love. If you accept anyway, you'll probably be a widow by the end of the year..."

Utahime's face froze. Satoru was serious. No trace of irony in his words.

So he was well aware of the situation, thought Utahime.

Although Satoru always shouted from every rooftops that he was the strongest, deep down he knew that wasn't always the case.

Utahime wanted to contradict him as she always had done, but this time she could not. Her lips could not utter anything.

Satoru :"I am asking you to marry me for two reasons. First, because it is actually a blackmail from the ruling class. According to them, as the only heir of the Gojo clan -and Yuta Okkotsu's uncertain fate, it is impossible to die without an heir, or at least with a legitimate wife. So they asked me to get married and conceive a child as quickly as possible. I accepted their shitty blackmail because I have clearly no desire for my wealth to end up in the hands of these greedy old men!! Could you imagine that?!? All my beautiful Yves-Saint Laurent shirts...!?"