Part 1 : chapter 1

Somewhere in the north of Tokyo, january 2000.

"Bow, this is Gojo Satoru, the illustrious heir to the Power of Infinity and the Sixth Eye."

Utahime, more than intimidated, prostrating herself solemnly against the icy ground. She did not dare raise her eyes for fear of meeting the gaze of this boy, two years younger than her, who was at the origin of the imbalance of forces of the entire universe. However, she had long heard about this boy with hair as white as snow who had inherited the most powerful powers of this illustrious clan. She never thought she would one day meet him.

"Nice to meet you. I am Iori Utahime. I am at your service. " Pronounced the young girl in a voice that wanted to be assured.

She still didn't dare to get up for fear of breaking the rules of decency and courtesy. She knew her rank. Her parents had often reminded her before arriving here. She was just a simple exorcist from a somehow poor family of Kyoto. Her family belonged to a very ancient shaman family for at least five century, but over the years, they lost most of their occult abilities. Only Utahime and her grandmother had some occult energy.

Utahime had the chance to be selected this year by the Gojo clan as a ward. Every year, the Gojo family selected a child exorcist from a poor family throughout Japan to help them financially, and in particular by allowing them to attend the Exorcist high school of Tokyo. In return, the child had to serve the Gojo family for three years. During this time, Utahime had to serve the members of the Gojo clan, to have the chance to enter the most prestigious exorcist school in the country.

In front of her stood not only Gojo Satoru, but also his mother, his uncle and his aunt. The air in the house is freezing. We are in the begining of January. The house atmosphere is far from being warm and cozy like in her family house. It is an old Japanese-style house surrounded by a huge forest. That night before, a thin layer of snow covered the entire property, giving a dreamlike feel to this already special place. Long corridors crisscrossed the different rooms. The corridors are completely closed by thin wooden partitions, which did not prevent the cold from penetrating.

"You can get up now." hissed a voice whose origin could not be distinguished.

Delicately, Utahime got up and was about to return between the ranks of the other servants, when she unfortunately met the azure-colored gaze of the young Gojo Satoru. She felt her entire being freeze in a fraction of seconds. Her breathing became to rag and her limbs seemed to have gone numb in the blue immensity of the boy's eyes.

Fortunately enough, a maid burst in and came forward to bow to the Gojo family. Utahime, seizing the opportunity, came out of her torpor and slipped between the ranks. It is not good to stand out, especially from the first day. Before arriving here, she had heard many terrible stories about the Gojo clan: several servants were said to have been assaulted by members of the Gojo family members for very trivial actions. Some even died in very strange circumstances. Rumors were rife about the Gojo family.

To tell the truth, Utahime would have preferred to stay with her parents in the peaceful countryside of Kyoto. Unfortunately, how could she have declined such an offer, which everyone considered as a true blessing? Being able to take courses at the prestigious Tokyo exorcism school was a godsend for all exorcists. It was well known that Tokyo Exorcist High School was the gateway to a secure future. Indeed, run by the most powerful clans of exorcists in Japan, this school allowed these students to integrate the best universities and companies in the country. Blinded by the personal success of their own children, some families preferred to turn a blind eye to the abuse and misdeeds perpetuated by this illustrious clan.

Once the official introductions were made, the rest of the day passed more calmly for Utahime. She was introduced to the other pupils of previous years, then she was given a tour of the various areas of the residence. Utahime had never seen so many rooms in her entire life, and yet she was thirteen years old. Seeing the extent of the property, no one could doubt the infinite wealth of the Gojos. Along with the Zenin and the Kamo, the Gojo family constituted the original Three Clans of Japan since the Heian era. Their home itself was like frozen in an ancestral era, where plagues reigned over the human world.