Part 1 : chapter 9

It was around six p.m. The moist heat of Tokyo was still present in this late afternoon.

It was now the beginning of July.

The trees had regained their beautiful foliage of green leaves.

Utahime and the other girls were sitting on the wooden veranda surrounding the house. They were eating salmon onigiris.

"So Utahime, could you tell us where you disappear to every Sunday afternoon?" suddenly asked Saori with her ususal contemptuous tone.

All eyes turned towards Utahime.

"Did you think we hadn't noticed your suspicious comings and goings??aahha are you stupid ? So tell us? Do you have a little lover??" said Saori while sneering.

This time Utahime almost choked on her onigiri. What? A Lover??

"Saori, stop! Why are you talking nonsense?" replied Aïko to defend her friend.

"If she has really nothing to reproach herself for, she can speak for herself, right? She doesn't need a ventriloquist like you?" Saori objected, annoyed by the fact that Aïko always came to Utahime's defense.

"I just go to the Buddhist temple next to the property." said Utahime.

" Ohhhhh you are very pious Utahime. Every Sunday afternoon??" replied Saori.

"I don't see how this matter concerns you." Utahime said dryly , before getting up and leaving

Aïko also got up and ran towards her friend. They both walked towards their rooms.

"Sorry Aiko. Because of me, Saori is also targeting you." Utahime said while walking.

"Don't worry, she's always been like that. She was not going to change because of her last year here"

"Thank you for everything Aiko."

Saori's malice comments had been common since Utahime arrived in this house.

But Utahime didn't like when Saori also attacked her friend Aïko.

Aïko was a very fragile girl and Utahime always feared that something would happen to her.

She would never forgive Saori if something happened to her friend.

..................

D-day was fast approaching. It had already been a month and a half since Satoru and Utahime had been training every Sunday afternoon.

Satoru's progress were dazzling. Although Utahime knew that this was partly due to her innate technique, she was nevertheless impressed by Satoru's occult abilities.

It was as if she saw the young boy's future abilities. Endowed with the Sixth Eye and the Power of Infinity, the young boy was undoubtedly the Chosen One.