Part 2 : chapter 6

Mid-March 2005:

Professor Gakuganji called Utahime and Mei Mei to talk to them about an important matter in his office.

Utahime thought that their teacher would (finally) give them some news about their teammate Kashimo who disappeared since the beginning of the year.

Utahime did try to call his legal representative several times, but no one ever picked up...

Professor Gakuganji: "This year, a new sponsorship system with the 1st years students has been established. You will now sponsor the group of Geto Suguru, Gojo Satoru and Shoko Ieri. They will accompany you in your next missions for one month."

Utahime wanted to scream. This was not at all the kind of news she was expecting.

A new sponsorship system with the first years? Why not..., but it really had to be with this group of 1st years...?

Well fortunately enough, there was Shoko in this group but still... Gojo Satoru was never going to leave her alone? What did she do in her previous life to suffer like that???

Mei Mei: "Are we going to get paid more for this babysitting?"

Professor Gakuganji: "No Mei Mei, this is not a babysitting job. I'm counting on you to teach them the basic elements of exorcism during your missions."

Utahime: "But why did they decide to do such a sponsorship system?"

Professor Gakuganji: "This is one of the new regulations from the director of the establishment. Several parents from prestigious families complained, because we directly sent their children on missions alone, when they were only in their first year, and therefore did not always know how to do it. Consequently, the first years will now be sponsored by their elders in their first missions."

Utahime: "I see. This is quite understandable... Excuse me, Professor Gakuganji, but have you heard from Kashimo?"

Professor Gakuganji: "Why are you still worrying about him? He left school."

Utahime was not satisfied with Professor Gakuganji's response.

But what could she say to him? She couldn't tell him she had a bad feeling.

At that same moment, the group of Geto Suguru, Gojo Satoru and Shoko Ieri entered.

Professor Gakuganji: "I introduce to you your senior teammates : Utahime Iori and Mei Mei. They are among the best in our school. You will accompany them in their missions for around one month. "

Geto Suguru and Shoko Ieri bowed respectfully to their elders. Only Gojo Satoru lowered his head very slightly. Utahime wasn't even surprised.

Once the introductions were made, Professor Gakuganji greeted the assembly and left for an important meeting with the other professors.

Geto Suguru: "What do think of having dinner together to get to know each other better?"

Gojo Satoru: "Yeah great idea Suguru!! I'm soo starrrvinng."

Mei Mei: "Yes, good idea, but I'm not the one paying for everyone."

Shoko Ieri: "We can do half and half? "

Mei Mei waved her hand to show her approval.

Utahime didn't really know what to say. She just hoped Satoru wasn't going to annoy her.

....................

The small group then headed to a Japanese restaurant specializing in tempuras near high school. They ordered large plates of fried foods with sodas.