Chapter Six: Caught in the Act

Draco's heart raced with anticipation as he led Y/N through the dimly lit corridors of Hogwarts, their footsteps muffled against the cold stone floor. With each passing moment, the excitement of their clandestine adventure grew, fueling their desire to steal a few precious moments alone together.

As they approached the entrance to the Slytherin common room, Draco cast a nervous glance around, ensuring that the coast was clear before whispering the password to the enchanted portrait that guarded the entrance. With a soft rustle, the portrait swung open, revealing the dimly lit interior of the common room beyond.

With a smile, Draco gestured for Y/N to follow him inside, his heart pounding in his chest as he imagined the thrill of sharing this secret place with her. But as they stepped through the threshold, their hopes were dashed by the unexpected sight that greeted them.

Standing before them, his eyes ablaze with anger, was none other than Professor Dumbledore, flanked by Severus Snape, his expression unreadable as he regarded them with a steely gaze.

"Draco Malfoy, Y/N," Dumbledore said, his voice stern yet tinged with disappointment. "I'm afraid I must ask what you are doing here at this hour."

Draco's mind raced as he searched for a plausible explanation, his heart sinking as he realized the gravity of their situation. Caught in the act of sneaking into the Slytherin common room, there was little he could say to excuse their actions.

"We were just..." Draco began, his words faltering as he struggled to find the right ones.

But before he could finish his sentence, Y/N stepped forward, her voice steady despite the fear that gnawed at her insides.

"It's okay, Draco," she said, her gaze meeting his with a mixture of sadness and determination. "I'll go."

With a heavy heart, Y/N turned on her heel and began to walk away, her footsteps echoing in the silence of the common room. Draco watched her go, a knot forming in his stomach as he realized the magnitude of his mistake.

As Y/N disappeared from view, leaving Draco alone with Dumbledore and Snape, he couldn't help but feel a sense of regret wash over him. He had risked everything for a few stolen moments with the person he loved, and now he would have to face the consequences of his actions.

With a heavy sigh, Draco turned to face Dumbledore and Snape, steeling himself for whatever punishment awaited him. Little did he know, this encounter would mark a turning point in his journey, one that would test the limits of his loyalty, his courage, and his love.