Chapter eight: a chance Encounter

Y/N and her best friend sat together in the sun-drenched courtyard, their laughter mingling with the gentle rustle of leaves overhead. It was a rare moment of tranquility amidst the chaos of their studies, a chance to unwind and simply enjoy each other's company.

As they chatted about life, dreams, and everything in between, Y/N couldn't help but feel a sense of contentment wash over her. There was something comforting about sharing this moment with her best friend, a sense of camaraderie that she cherished above all else.

But their conversation was interrupted by the sudden appearance of Draco, who walked past them with his characteristic swagger, his silver eyes catching Y/N's for a fleeting moment before he continued on his way.

Y/N's best friend nudged her playfully, a mischievous glint in her eye. "Go get him," she said, her voice teasing yet filled with genuine encouragement.

Y/N felt her cheeks flush with warmth at the suggestion, her heart skipping a beat at the thought of approaching Draco. Despite their secret meetings and stolen glances, she had never mustered the courage to confront him outright, fearing rejection or worse.

But as she watched Draco disappear around the corner, a surge of determination welled up within her. With a smile, she turned to her best friend, her eyes sparkling with newfound resolve.

"You know what?" Y/N said, her voice tinged with excitement. "I think I will."

With a newfound sense of confidence, Y/N rose from her seat and set off in pursuit of Draco, her heart racing with anticipation. Little did she know, this chance encounter would mark a turning point in her relationship with Draco, one that would change the course of her life in ways she never imagined.