chapter 3

"Well now we're all settled in and sorted. I'd like to make an announcement. This castle will not only be your home this year, but home to some very special guests as well. You see, Hogwarts has been chosen-" Dumbledore is cut off by Filch running up to his podium and whispering in his ear. After a small gab between the two, Filch starts to run back out of the Great Hall. 

"So... Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event: The Triwizard tournament."
All the students murmur around excited at this. "Now, for those of you who do not know... the Triwizard Tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests. From each school a single student is selected to compete. Now let me be clear. If chosen, you stand alone. And trust me when I say, these contests are not for the faint-hearted. But more of that later. For now, please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of Magic and their headmistress, Madame Maxine." The Great Hall door opens and we see the girls strut out in their blue uniforms and as they make their way to the front of the hall, they make random stops and make these dramatic sighs to both sides of the room as they make their way past us I ask Hermione, "Hermione, correct me if I'm wrong, I thought Beauxbaton's wasn't an all-girls school?" "No... you're right Ara. This is just... odd. I guess only girls wanted to go... I'm not sure."  

"Bloody hell!" I hear Ron say. I look over at him and see he's staring at their asses. I lean over the table and thump him upside the head. And for shits and giggles I do the same to Harry. "Ow! Blimey Ara, what did I do?" Harry said. "You're an imbecile. I don't need a reason to hit either of you anymore." Both Ron and Harry rub their hands in pain. As the girls finish their entrance all the boys around us stand and clap for them. I Shake my head and bang it on the table. Someone kill me now. Hermione stop me from banging my head on the table by putting her hand where I land my head on the table. "Stop. You're going to hurt yourself." I lift my head up and stare at Harry and Ron who are basically in complete trances by the veela women. Idiots.

"And now our friends from the north. Please greet the proud sons of Durmstrang and their high master, Igor Karkaroff. From the entrance there's loud noises. We all turn our heads and see the boys from Durmstrang have a routine as well. They all carry these staffs that let out sparks as they bang them on the floor. When they reach the middle of the room, they set down their staffs and sprint to the end where they do flips and so many amazing acrobatic movements. "Wow." I say as I stand up from my seat along with Hermione and Ginny next to me. "Blimey, it's him! Victor Krum!" I hear Ron whimper out loud in glee. I turn my head and see him walk down the room with their high master behind him. They end their performance with a fire show. I can't take my eyes off of them. 

I hear someone clear their throat loudly and notice it was Harry. He stares at me like how I stared at him earlier on the train. I shrug my shoulders and smile teasingly at him before sitting down again. I lean over to Ginny's ear and cover my mouth as I whisper, "Pretend I'm saying something funny." Ginny, being the ever-amazing girl she is, giggles at my request. I look back to Harry and see that he's confused as ever. 

Dumbledore and Karkaroff give each other a warm brace. All the commotion in the Great Hall dies down as Dumbledore starts the feast for us. "Well, does anyone here want to be the chosen one and represent our school?" I ask the table as I snack on the peas in front of me. "Not bloody likely." Neville speaks up. "Oh definitely!" Geoge and Fred say. "Oh lord, help us now if thing 1 or thing 2 become our Hogwarts champion." I tease. "It sounds like it's going to all be dangerous." said Hermione. "i don't know, Hermione, I mean, at the end of the day, they can't set up something that'll actually hurt a student, right? Sounds fun. I might want to do it." I tell her. "

"Your attention, please!" We all hear Dumbledore yell out making all of the Great Hall quieting down. "I'd like to say a few words. Eternal glory. That is what waits the student who wins the Triwizard Tournament. But to do this, that student must survive three tasks. Three... extremely dangerous tasks." "Wicked." the twin's murmur. "For this reason, the Ministry has seen fit to impose a new rule. To explain all this, we have the head of the Department of International Magical Cooperation, Mr. Bartemius Crouch." I see over at the teachers table the man who questioned us back at the attack of the world cup. The bewitched sky above us starts to thunder, something that it has never done, catching all of us by surprise. All of a sudden, a white beam shoots up at the bewitched ky and calms the weather down. We look over to see who conjured it and it's none other than Mad-Eye Moody.