Chapter 3: Nightmares and Therapy Sessions

IMPORTANT NOTE: Returning Readers, this chapter has been rewritten and changed for future series and chapters!)

"No..." A small voice said. Silence came after as a young girl, sat in the middle of a dark void. A corpse was in front of her, lying on the ground. She held her ears, tears falling onto the body in front of her. Multiple words started filling that void then.

"It's all your fault" "You should be dead." "No wonder nobody likes you" "You're a freak" and so on. They kept appearing making the void turn red. Everything started spinning as different flashes of light and memories appeared and disappeared from view. It continued until suddenly, a large white yet silent explosion of light happened. A high-pitched scream happened a moment later.

Heidi's eyes shot open as she sat up in bed. She was sweating profusely and breathing heavily. She leaped out of bed and sprinted to the bathroom, shutting the door behind her. She fell to her knees next to the toilet before vomiting into it. Heidi coughed once she finished, scooching back onto the bathroom wall and leaning against it. She closed her sorrow-filled eyes, waiting for her head to stop spinning.

"Another nightmare..." Heidi thought, continuing to take deep and calming breaths. Soon enough, her head stopped spinning and she felt strong enough to stand. She walked to the sink, turned on the faucet, and washed her face. She exited the bathroom after, looking at the hallway clock next to her. 5:03 am

Heidi glared at the clock angrily before walking to her bedroom. She took her hearing aids from her desk and put them on. She activated them, hearing the long vroom from the fan. She looked outside her window to see the starry night sky. However, if you squinted in the distance, you could see the light from the sun peeking out. Being in the house on the edge of town, you'd get a clear view of the desert. Hiedi sighed, looking out the window a little longer before walking towards her dresser.

"Might as well get ready," Heidi said. She quickly got dressed and did her morning bathroom routine. She then tied her shoes and stashed her rollerblading gear into her bag. She clipped her helmet to her backpack before taking her backpack strap in hand and leaving her room. She quietly walked through the hallway and past Kala's door. She entered the living room and sat down on the creaky couch, placing her bag next to her. She glanced at the dark kitchen across from the living room and sighed.

"Not that hungry right now..." Heidi said. Before she could do anything else, she felt her phone buzz. She quickly looked through her bag and found it. The name Cliff was on it, also known as Cliffjumper. The two traded numbers or codes as they called it to contact each other. Heidi was puzzled by this. Why was he calling her this early? Heidi quickly answered it, putting the phone to her ear.

"Cliff?" Heidi asked, keeping her voice low.

"Hey, Little lady! I thought that was you awake." Cliffjumper said happily.

"How'd you know?"

"The lights are on." Heidi paused, turning her body to the window. She peaked past the curtains, into the driveway. Cliffjumper was parked there, in his vehicle form. It didn't look like the vehicle was on but Heidi knew better. She sighed, sitting back down on the couch as she spoke.

"I'm surprised you're up this early," Heidi said, rubbing her eyes.

"I could say the same for you. Isn't it a little too early for you?" Cliffjumper said, suspicion beginning to grow in his happy voice. After a moment, She stood up from the couch with a shrug.

"Meh, I guess," Heidi said. She exited the living room and walked into the kitchen, turning on a dim light. It was a small modern Kitchen connected to the dining room. She walked over to the fridge as Cliffjumper spoke.