Chapter 4: Arcee Bonding time

"Ready?" Heidi asked. She and Cliffjumper were against a wall in the base. He nodded with a proud smirk as he sneaked out around the corner. Ratchet was at the console, typing away and lost in thought. Cliffjumper's smirk grew as he slowly crept closer, raising his hands. He was about to touch Ratchet and scare him as hoped.

"Don't. Even. Think about it." Ratchet said, not looking away. Cliffjumper ex-vented in annoyance before a chuckle escaped him. Ratchet turned to him angrily, his stern glare glancing over Cliffjumper's frame. Cliffjumper scratched the back of his helm with an awkward smile as he spoke.

"How'd you know?" Cliffjumper asked. Ratchet put a servo on his face, groaning as Cliffjumper waited with an "innocent" smirk.

"Do you really think I couldn't hear you sneaking up on me?" Ratchet said, crossing his arms. Cliffjumper shrugged innocently as a knowing smirk was revealed on his faceplates.

"Welp, I tried," Cliffjumper said. Ratchet grumbled before turning back to the computers. However, all of a sudden, there was a loud pop and confetti flew up around him. He jumped in fear, yelping a little before looking down at the "Attacker." Down below, Heidi was laughing hysterically as she held a confetti cannon. Confetti rained on her as Ratchet snapped.

"HEIDI! What did I say about-"

"Calm down, Ratchet. You know the drill. I do a prank, then I say something to make you happy. Or I at least try." Heidi said, tossing the confetti cannon to the side. Ratchet grumbled in anger, crossing his arms.

"This better be good and you better clean that mess after!" Ratchet growled, pointing his digit at the mess. Heidi nodded, smirking as she looked down at her backpack. It sat on the ground beneath her, leaning against her legs. She took her backpack, unzipping it before taking out a folder. She then opened the file, taking out a few documents. She cleared her throat and began to explain.

"The government has agreed to give you better technology to help sort out any system bugs, along with expanding their searches for Energon deposits and anything else technology-related."

"Took them long enough," Ratchet scoffed.

"Whatever you say, Grumpy bot," Heidi said, putting the folder away. Ratchet grumbled as he returned to the console, continuing his work. Cliffjumper came to her side as She quickly started sweeping up most of the confetti, throwing it into her backpack.

"How are you able to sneak up on him like that? I don't think even Arcee could sneak up on him. He has super hearing or somethin'." Cliffjumper said. The two laughed at the comment as Heidi stood up, walking over to the new human area. Agent Fowler was nice enough to get some old furniture from storage and make a small area for her to hang out in. There was a worn-out yellow couch, a wooden coffee table, a small shelving unit with multiple DVDs and games, and an old television. Heidi sat down on the couch, setting her bag next to her.

"It's just years of practice but I wouldn't doubt Arcee like that. She's got way more experience being sneaky than I do." Heidi said, taking out her sketchbook. As she began to open it, peds started making their way down one of the hallways. At this, Heidi grinned, turning her body towards the hallway. Cliffjumper turned, looking over to see the confetti cannons and a trip wire near the entrance. He gave a knowing look as he waited for whoever it was for. Arcee was coming down the hallway, stuck in a daze of her thoughts. Once Heidi realized it was her, her excitement turned to worry.

"ARCEE, WAIT-" Before Heidi could finish, Arcee's ped pulled the tripwire, and confetti shot up around her. Arcee yelped in fear stepping back, some confetti sticking onto her armor. She looked around confused as Cliffjumper came to her side, snickering.