Chapter 2: I wanted an Adventure, I got One Involving Giant Alien Robots

"HEIDI! FOR GOODNESS SAKE, GET UP FROM BED NOW!" Ms. Amy yelled from downstairs. Inside a small dark room, where the small lines of sunlight seeped through the window curtains, An 8-year-old Heidi slept in her bed. Her short, blonde hair was sprawled out on the pillow as the light gleamed across her olive skin.

Heidi woke up, groaning as she felt the stomps of Ms. Amy below. She opened her heterochromia eyes slowly, looking up at the ceiling. She reached for her hearing aids on the dresser, placing them in her ears carefully. She turned them on as a loud yell came again.

"HEIDI, I SWEAR, IF YOU DON'T GET UP NOW, YOU WILL BE IN TROUBLE- AGAIN!" Screeched Ms. Amy. Heidi groaned sitting up straight and shifting herself off the bed. She stood up, stretching.

"HEIDI!" Ms. Amy screeched, startling Heidi. She growled, marching to the door and swinging it open.

"I'M UP, ALRIGHT?!" Heidi yelled angrily before shutting the door. She grumbled as she got ready for the day. She opened her dresser drawers and pulled out some athletic yet comfy clothes. She finished the rest of her morning routine in the bathroom.

Back in her room, Heidi looked at herself in the mirror. She felt her mind surge with confidence and energy as she walked away. She grabbed her backpack from the corner and left the room. She ran down the wooden stairs, skipping a few at the bottom. When she entered the kitchen, A grumpy Ms. Amy blocked her, drenched in rainbow glitter. Heidi threw a hand over her mouth, trying to stop herself from laughing. However, it didn't stop the quiet snickers from escaping her mouth.

"So you did put the glitter bomb in the pantry." Ms. Amy growled. Heidi calmed herself down, taking a few deep breaths before facing Ms Amy with a smirk.

"If it makes you feel better, I was trying to prank Angela for her Birthday. She loves Rainbow glitter and-" Heidi began but Ms. Amy immediately shushed her. Heidi glared at her annoyed as Ms. Amy dusted some of the sparkles off.

"Well, it looks like today you'll be doing Angela's chores on top of your own." Ms Amy said grumpily. Heidi looked at her shocked and angry. Since when was that fair?

"WHAT?! But-" Heidi began again but Ms. Amy shushed her again, raising an eyebrow. Heidi grumbled and nodded as she walked past Ms. Amy.

"And clean up that glitter mess while you're at it." Ms. Amy said. Heidi growled in anger, mimicking her as she left.

" Clean this, do that. You might as well call me Cinderella... The pranks are still worth it though." Heidi said, laughing a little at the end. She then took the broom from the closet and began sweeping the glitter off the floor.

______________________________________________________________

The doorbell rang as Heidi continued wiping the table down in the living room. It wasn't surprising. Ms. Amy had told them an old friend had her niece coming over today to adopt a kid. Most of the kids were excited but Heidi was the opposite. If she knew one thing, It's that all Ms. Amy's friends were snobs. (At least the ones Heidi met are.) So, Heidi decided to spare herself the drama and avoid the lady.

Ms. Amy was quick to go to the door and open it. She greeted the lady with a nice big FAKE smile. It made Heidi sick looking at it. She rolled her eyes, ignoring Ms. Amy and whoever was at the door. She continued to work on her chores, unbothered by anything. When she finally finished, she was about to leave when a sweet voice spoke up.

"Hi there. Heidi, Right?" Heidi turned to see a young woman with dirty blonde hair. She wore casual clothes and sandals while she sat down on the couch across. Heidi was a little surprised she hadn't noticed her come in. However, her surprise was replaced with a scowl as she turned to her.