DORMMATE: Chapter 8 - Interrupted

It had already been around a week since Taehyungs apology, and Soobin was currently standing infront of the lunch hall entry, casually scrolling on his phone while waiting for Beomgyu to arrive since they always ate their lunches together

It had already been around a week since Taehyungs apology, and Soobin was currently standing infront of the lunch hall entry, casually scrolling on his phone while waiting for Beomgyu to arrive since they always ate their lunches together. Usually, Beomgyu would be the first one to arrive, or better yet, he would somehow find Soobin in the hallways as he was on his way and they would walk together. But this time, Beomgyu had informed Soobin that he would be meeting up with him later than usual since he had to put some final touch-ups on his project. 

"Soobin, behind you!" Soobin heard Beomgyu call out, which made him look up from his phone and turn around, quickly spotting Beomgyu not too far from him.

"Oh, you're finally here," Soobin said and gave the other a smile, proceeding to put his phone in his pocket then asking, "How did your project go?"

"It went well, the project looks really pretty, thanks to my partner." Beomgyu replied contently with a smile, and he finally reached Soobin and stood beside him.

Soobin gasped dramatically and stood frozen for a few seconds, staring at Beomgyu, which made the other fairly confused.

"Uhm..Soobin? Are you feeling okay?" Beomgyu asked him, feeling a bit worried for the other.

"No way." Soobin replied after just around five seconds, "You had a whole partner and you never told me!?"

"Huh? What are you talking about?" Beomgyu replied feeling very dumbfounded, then he quickly realized what Soobin had meant, "Wait! I didn't mean it like that!"

"Right, you definitely didn't meant it like that!" Soobin said sarcastically, then he dramatically continued, "How could you not tell me, your best-friend, that you had a partner this whole time!?"

Beomgyu faced palmed himself at Soobin and then made the situation more clearer than it already was, "I'm talking about the partner I have for my project, not a romantic partner!"

"Oh." Soobin said, his facial expression turning into one of embarrassment, "My bad.."

"How did you even manage to pass high school with your grades all above ninety?" Beomgyu asked, feeling highly disappointed in Soobin, but he quickly changed the topic, "Anyway, lets just go eat?"

Soobin breath a sigh feeling utterly dumb, "Yeah, I wanna forget about this.."

"Alright, lets go in then," Beomgyu happily said, earnestly wanting to eat as he didn't gotten the chance to eat merely anything because he had woken up late.

Beomgyu and Soobin both started to make their way into the lunch area of their college, chatting away at any topic that they found themselves interested in. But sadly, before they could even grab a spec of food, they got stopped in their tracks by someone.

"Excuse me?" A girl asked as she stood in front of Soobin and Beomgyu, blocking their path and looking slightly nervous, "Have you seen a guy with the name of Choi Soobin around here?"

Soobin and Beomgyu looked at eachother,  Soobin felt curious about why the girl was looking for him, and Beomgyu felt the same way. Then, Soobin finally looked back at the girl and revealed himself, "Oh, uhm, I'm Choi Soobin."

"Oh my," The girl said, now looking embarrassed, "This is so humiliating..But could you please come with me?"

"Why should he? Why are you even looking for him in the first place?" Beomgyu responded before Soobin could even mutter out a word.

"I have no bad intentions, please trust me!" The girl said more nervous than she initially was, looking to be panicked as well, she then hurried to explain herself, "The principal wanted me to look for Soobin because he had to talk about something important with him..but I might've forgotten what he wanted to talk about.."

"Huh? Then I should really go then.." Soobin said, now feeling panicked himself, wondering if he had done something bad even though he himself knew he didn't do anything, "Thank you for looking for me and telling me then, uh.."

"Call me Chaeryeong, Lee Chaeryeong!" She introduced herself, bowing and now having a soft smile plastered onto her face.

Soobin bowed as well and seeing Chaeryeong smile, he did too, "Nice to meet you, Chaeryeong! But I'm assuming that the principal doesn't have much time, so let's go?"

"Ah, right!" Chaeryeong said in realization, then turned her gaze to Beomgyu who was standing beside Soobin, watching the whole encounter, "But your friend can't come along, I'm sorry.."

"Huh? What are you apologizing for?" Beomgyu asked in a confused state, feeling as if she was being too nice, "It's okay if I can't come, I completely understand. I'll be waiting for you guys here when your done."

"That settles it then," Soobin said, then walked over beside Chaeryeong, "We'll be on our way now?"

"Yup! Lets go now, we'll meet you back here, uhm.." Chaeryeong tried bidding a goodbye but paused, not knowing Beomgyus name even one bit.

"Beomgyu, Choi Beomgyu," He introduced himself blandly.

"We'll see you then, later, Beomgyu!" Chaeryeong finally bid her goodbye, feeling slightly embarassed, and then she turned to Soobin, and with a sigh, she said, "Okay, follow me."

Soobin just nodded, bidding a small goodbye to Beomgyu, and he did so too to both of them. Shortly after, Soobin and Chaeryeong started walking off to the principal's office, leaving Beomgyu by himself in the lunch area. Beomgyu sighed, now feeling robbed. He just decided that he would get himself some food. Beomgyu turned around and started walking, but then he felt someone tap him by the shoulder, causing him to stop in his tracks once again and turn around.

"Oh, hi Taehyun!" Beomgyu greeted and bowed, smiling unconsciously.

"Hi to you too, Beomgyu-hyung," Taehyun greeted back with a soft smile, followed by a slight bow.

"Is there any reason why you tapped my shoulder?" Beomgyu then asked, full of curiosity.

"I just wanted to eat lunch with you, if that's okay with you,of course," Taehyun simply answered, his smile never seeming to leave his face.

"Yeah, sure, I'm really fine with it, actually," Beomgyu replied and resassured Taehyun, figuring that some other company wouldn't hurt so bad, and because Soobin was gone.

"Lets go then?" Taehyun asked, and stepped beside Beomgyu, "I did hear your stomach grumbling a lot when we were working together.."

"What!?" Beomgyu blurted out, feeling extremely embarrassed, "You heard my stomach grumbling?"

"Yeah," Taehyun laughed at Beomgyu, "It was a bit loud if you ask me."

"Oh my gosh, I'm never waking up late again.." Beomgyu said feeling half-dead at what Taehyun had just told him.

Taehyun just simply continued laughing at Beomgyus agony. Then they both started to walk to get their selves some food not too long after.