DORMMATE: Chapter 12 - Failure

Beomgyu was walking at a fast pace to the office

Beomgyu was walking at a fast pace to the office. He had also called along Seokjin with him,  to have a slightly better chance at convincing Yoongi to change the arrangements of the dorm mates, and to inform Seokjin as well, since this was a serious matter.

Not too long after, maybe around three minutes, both Beomgyu and Seokjin finally had arrived in front of the office door. Seokjin was sure, no, he knew, that Yoongi would still be at the office even though it was nearing eight o'clock at night. He knew because how hard and busy it was in the office, and he knew how sophisticated Yoongi was, all due to their closeness.

"I'll knock," Seokjin spoke, his eyebrows slightly furrowed from his emotions, anger and confusion.

Just as Seokjin reached his fist out to knock, the door suddenly opened, revealing Jeongyeon. It wouldn't be a surprise to say Jeongyeon was heavily startled as she didn't expect Seokjin and Beomgyu outside the office at such a late time. Seokjin and Beomgyu were both caught off guard as well, and all three of them had on this startled expression on their faces.

"Oh my goodness," Jeongyeon said in a surprised tone of voice, "What are you guys doing here so late?"

"It would be an inconvenience to explain everything to you, Jeongyeon," Seokjin replied,  snapping out of his startled state, "Can we please go in the office to speak to Yoongi?"

"Seokjin-hyung," Jeongyeon said as her facial expression morphed into a serious one, "Yoongi-hyung is in a difficult situation right now, he's in quite..a bad mood right now. I think now is not the time."

"Please, Mrs. Yoo?" Beomgyu spoke up, begging, feeling desperate, "We need to talk to Yoongi-hyung!"

Seokjin and Beomgyu had this desperate look on their faces. Expressions that could make someone pity that person if they had that look on their faces. Jeongyeon, being the kind-hearted and willing person she is, decided that she would give in. Though she felt worried that something bad might happen because Yoongi was not in one of the best moods, and when he is, it's a definite that something bad will happen.

Jeongyeon let out a sigh, and with a worried look plastered onto her face, she asked, "Are you guys sure?"

"Yes, we're sure, Jeongyeon." Seokjin replied, "Don't worry, I know how to deal with Yoongi, we've been friends for a long time."

"I guess so," Jeongyeon complied, then she stepped aside, away infront of the door, "I'll have to get going. I wish you guys the best, have a nice night."

"You too," Seokjin replied, feeling relieved and happy that Jeongyeon agreed at last.

Jeongyeon gave them a small smile, though it was a fake one, worry still dwelling in her. Beomgyu and Seokjin smiled back. Just like that, Jeongyeon was off, and soon, she wasn't anywhere to be seen.

Seokjin then looked at Beomgyu with a serious facial expression, signalling him that they should go in. Beomgyu noticed and gave him a small nod to say that he agreed.

"Min Yoongi!" Seokjin yelled for the other as he walked into the office, having an enraged expression onto his face, while Beomgyu followed behind him, having a similar look on his face as his.

Yoongi looked up at Seokjin and Beomgyu from the monitors he was looking at. He seemed to have been working on something seriously hard, since he had looked highly focused. But yet, he had on an expressionless expression while he was looking at them.

"What are you guys doing here?" Yoongi asked in a cold and agitated tone of voice, "And why did you call out my full name? What's your deal?"

"My deal?" Seokjin asked in a jokingly amused tone of voice, then he continued, "My deal is with you pairing up Yeonjun to dorm with Soobin!?"

Yoongi didn't give an answer, well, Seokjin didn't even let him get a word in before he spoke again. Beomgyu just stood there, beside Seokjin, letting him do all the talking since he was sure he had more anger than him. He was also sure they had the same thoughts and feelings, and what he says is what he would say as well.

"Seriously, Yoongi?" Seokjin said followed by a scoff, "You know everything that happened between them! Everything! The aftermath as well. Weren't you mad at Yeonjun? Weren't you worried about Soobin? And yet you still do this? Even when some other people don't have dorm mates as well?"

"Life isn't always fair, you know?" Yoongi replied nonchalantly, not a single expression on his face, he seemed as if he didn't even care, but Yoongi felt annoyed and agitated though.

"What do you mean by that, Yoongi-hyung!?" Beomgyu spoke up impulsively, frustrated at Yoongis answer and at his demeanor as much as he didn't want to be, since he actually liked him as a person.

"He has a point, Beomgyu and Seokjin." A familiar voice suddenly was heard coming from inside the right door behind Yoongis desk.

Then, Namjoon walked out of the right door, revealing his presence. Without a doubt Beomgyu and Seokjin were bewildered to be seeing Namjoon here.

"Namjoon?" Seokjin said in shock, "I thought you were out helping your parents with a technical issue in their house?"

Then there was a moment of silence. The atmosphere was thick with tension, so thick that you could cut it with a chainsaw.

Namjoon and Seokjin were looking at eachother. Seokjin had a shocked and confused look on his face. Meanwhile, Namjoon just stared at the other blankly, like never before.

After a few seconds, Seokjin and Beomgyus anger and frustration kicked in once again.

Seokjin broke the silence, "So not only did you lie to me, but you side with Yoongi on this? With a shitty explanation too?"

"Look," Yoongi said, massaging the temple of his forehead with his left hand, "I know you're here to confront me about the dorm situation and to get me to change my mind, and whatever. But it's not working, nothing's gonna change my mind otherwise. I suggest you guys just leave."

"Seriously, Yoongi!?" Seokjin asked in pure disbelief and betrayal, then he glanced over at Namjoon, "You're explaining this to me at home. Let's go, Beomgyu."

Beomgyu sighed, took one last looks at Namjoon and Yoongi, and agreed to leave. He felt disgusted, angered, and betrayed by their words and actions. He knew he would never forget this. Seokjin left the office hastily and Beomgyu followed behind him, without closing the door. Then the both of them were out, nowhere to be seen or heard.

Namjoon went up to the door and closed it. Then he looked back to look at Yoongi, immediately meeting his eyes with his as Yoongi had already been looking at him.

"You're really risking your engagement for this, huh?" Yoongi asked in amusement, an eyebrow raised.

"You know you are too, right? Instead, it's your marriage," Namjoon replied to Yoongi as he walked to one of the two couch chairs infront of Yoongis desk and sat down, "Many peoples relationships will for sure get ruined. Sacrifices will be made as well."

"I guess you are right," Yoongi agreed and bitterly chuckled, so did Namjoon.

"All of us just need to make sure this works out."