DORMMATE: Chapter 9 - Bad News

Soobin and Chaeryeong were half-way near the office already

Soobin and Chaeryeong were half-way near the office already. Since it was quite awkward, Chaeryeong started up a conversation to lighten up the atmosphere.

"So, are you excited to know what the principal has to tell you?" Chaeryeong asked Soobin teasingly.

"What kind of question is that?" Soobin asked Chaeryeong like she was crazy, in disbelief, "Of course not. Imagine if they tell me I'm getting expelled?"

"It was constructive question," Chaeryeong replied jokingly and sighed, "But I doubt that you're getting expelled, Soobin-ah, it would be stupid if they did. Barely anyone gets expelled here unless they did something really bad, you know?"

"Yeah..I guess so," Soobin felt a small wave of relief wash over him, "But I still wonder what the principal has to talk to me about."

"Well.." Chaeryeong thought deeply, trying to get an idea, "Oh! Maybe the principal's gonna talk to you about your dorm? I mean..Do you live alone in it right now? Or is there anything broken?"

"Hmm..Nothings really broken, but.." Soobin thought, "Wait! I am living alone in my dorm."

"Bingo!" Chaeryeong smiled brightly, thinking that she was a genius, "Maybe the principal might talk to you about getting a dorm mate?"

Soobin let out a small gasp at what Chaeryeong said, feeling a rush of excitement, "Oh my goodness, I've been waiting for that since the start of the year! It's been so lonely in my dorm, honestly.."

"Don't get too excited Soobin-ah," Chaeryeong shut Soobins excitement up, "Your dorm mate might not be the best of people, you know?"

"Right, I know," Soobin agreed with Chaeryeongs saying, then with a mischievous tone of voice he said, "I'd probably just report my dorm mate nonstop if they are then."

"I'll help you with that." Chaeryeong said, winking then chuckling after.

"That's a plan then," Soobin replied and chuckled along with Chaeryeong as well.

"Anyway," Chaeryeong stopped walking and looked at a door to their right, "Were here now."

Soobin stopped walking when Chaeryeong did. And when he heard her words, he suddenly felt nervous once again.

He looked towards the door Chaeryeong was looking at, and there was a big sign on the door that read "Principals Office" in a big and bold font.

"Why am I suddenly feeling so nervous now.." Soobin said and slumped on his back.

"Don't worry, the principal and his assistant are nice," Chaeryeong reassured him, looking back at Soobin with a comforting gaze, "I'll knock for you."

Soobin muttered out a small 'thank you' and fixed his slumped posture. Chaeryeong only nodded, and did as she said, knocking on the door of the principal's office. Within just a few seconds of knocking, the door slowly opened, revealing a woman with black, medium length hair with bangs, wearing a neat and elegant uniform.

"Welcome back, Chaeryeong," The woman greeted and put on a warm smile, "Any luck with finding Soobin?"

"Hi, Jeongyeon-unnie!" Chaeryeong greeted back with a small bow, "And yes, I did find him, though he's quite nervous."

"I can see that," Jeongyeon chuckled, spotting Soobin looking and standing nervously, fiddling with his fingers, "Don't be too nervous Soobin, there isn't anything scary here."

"Hi, Mrs. Yoo," Soobin greeted nervously and bowed, avoiding eye contact with Jeongyeon.

"No need for formalities, Soobin, just call me Jeongyeon-unnie," Jeongyeon said, finding the male adorable just like she did with Chaeryeong, "Anyhow, you're welcome to come into the office now, the principal has been waiting for your arrival."

Soobin nodded his head and slowly took steps into the office. He then looked back at Chaeryeong who had on a comforting gaze, waving a small 'goodbye' to him. He waved a goodbye back to her as well. Then Soobin turned back into the office, hearing the door slowly close behind him shortly.

"You can just sit right there, Soobin," Jeongyeon said and patted him on his shoulder, pointing towards one of the two couch chairs seated in front of the principal's desk.

"Okay, thank you." Soobin replied, giving Jeongyeon a small smile, then heading over to the couch chair she was pointing at.

"I'll just call over the principal. It wont take too long, don't worry," Jeongyeon informed, going over into another room behind the principal's desk.

Soobin watched her as she walked, and he taking a deep breath once she was out of his sight, preparing himself for whatever news he'll be hit with. Just as said, Jeongyeon walked out of the other room, followed by the principal not too long after. When Soobin saw who exactly the principal was, he gasped.

"Yoongi-hyung!?" Soobin said in shock, then he covered his mouth with the use of his hand.

"Surprise," Yoongi said followed by a chuckle, going over to the chair of his desk and sitting down, "Jeongyeon, would you mind leaving us alone for a bit?"

"No problem," Jeongyeon said with a smile, heading out of the office, Yoongi and Soobin watching her as she did so.

When she was finally out of the office, Yoongi turned his attention to Soobin, "Alright. Now, pay close attention to what I'm about to say, and don't get upset."

"Huh?" Soobin turned back and remembered what he was in the office for, "Oh, right.. Don't worry, hyung, I will."

"Good," Yoongi said and smiled fondly, "Anyhow, as you know you're living alone in your dorm at the moment, right?"

Soobin nodded, and Yoongi continued, "Starting on Monday, in about three days from now, you'll be having a dorm mate for the rest of the year."

Soobin felt a wave of relief wash over him, as Chaeryeong was right, and he was only getting spoken about getting a dorm mate.

Then Yoongi spoke again,"But I'm afraid you wont like who your dorm mate will be."

Soobins tilted his head in pure confusion, trying to think of who his dorm mate could be if Yoongi had to warn him that he wont like who his dorm mate will be, "Why? Can you tell me who's gonna be my dorm mate then?"

"That's the part I mostly wanted to tell you about," Yoongi said and sighed.

A moment of silence took place, as Soobin just sat silently, waiting for Yoongi to tell him who would be his dorm mate. And Yoongi was trying to figure out how to break the news to Soobin. But at last, he took a deep breath, and looked Soobin in his eyes.

"Starting on Monday, your dorm mate will be Choi Yeonjun."