6.Bonds

At the end of the day, Chibs took the win in the race

At the end of the day, Chibs took the win in the race. Well, to be precise, Giselle kinda nudged him to victory by a couple of seconds.

And you know what? Lunch went surprisingly well too. They chatted about this and that, getting to know each other a bit better. Sure, they've got a long road ahead, but this morning marked the start of what they both hope will be a solid father-daughter relationship.

"I gotta admit, it wasn't as much of a nightmare as I thought," Giselle confesses as they take a walk. Chibs chuckles, "Why'd you think it would've gone south?" She returns the laugh, scratching the back of her neck, "Figured it might get awkward, or there'd be those weird silences, you know..." Chibs nods in agreement, "Honestly, I thought it was gonna be a disaster too." Giselle smiles at her dad, and he smiles back as they continue their father-daughter walk, chatting here and there.

But despite the budding bond between them, there are still secrets lingering. Chibs continues not to tell Giselle anything about the club and Giselle tries not to spill anything about her past.

Still, they had fun, and they both hope for more chances like this.

The rest of the day flies by for Giselle, between work and the club guys; another day gone.

The only problem was Jax. Since they spent time together on the rooftop last night, the air between them today felt off, tense. Sure, things are always kinda weird between them, in a good way, of course. But today was different, there was this strong, magnetic tension hanging between them, making Giselle keep her distance, trying to figure out what this strange feeling was about.

Giselle went to bed with a heavy feeling in her chest, a feeling that usually spells trouble, a feeling that in the past has been a warning sign of something bad.

Will it really be like that?

****

Another day, another mission for Giselle: finding fornitures for her new home. But there's a twist – she's gotta keep it on the down-low from the guys, or they will find something for her. And that's not what she wants.

So today, with no job on the horizon, she could afford to sleep in a bit. She gets up, throws on some clothes, and heads straight for that cup of coffee.

 She gets up, throws on some clothes, and heads straight for that cup of coffee