8.Solutions

After calling her buddy Marcus to brainstorm a solution for the club's ATF problem, she decides to call her boss and apologize for ghosting work

After calling her buddy Marcus to brainstorm a solution for the club's ATF problem, she decides to call her boss and apologize for ghosting work. Lucky for her, her boss told her that they're closed for a bit, family drama apparently.

Meanwhile, she figures she'll head home and see what she can manage without overdoing it, still feeling a bit sore from yesterday.

****

She's been at her place for like half an hour now, sorting through furniture bits, categorizing them by room and type, with some tunes jamming in the background.

She keeps at it until there's a knock at the door, turning around she meets her father's gaze, who immediately closes the gap "What the hell happened to you?" the girl decides to recycle the same excuse she fed Stahl "Motorbike accident"

"Damn it, Giselle, you should've called me," he says, touching her face and checking out the wounds. Truth be told, they don't quite scream 'motorbike accident,' but Giselle keeps her fingers crossed that the excuse sticks.

(imagine the wounds on her face are like the photos if you like)

She pulls away from her father's touch, moving to shift another box "It wasn't a big deal, didn't wanna bother you"

"How'd you manage an accident, you're good on a bike," she looks at him as she responds, hoping he'd stop prying "There was this nasty curve, and it was dark. Probably I was tired, too" Telling him she was half-drunk and beat up from a fight wasn't an option. This excuse seems more fitting.

Chibs eyes her uncertainly. Because looking at her like this, it didn't seem like just an accident.

Watching her work and searching for something to say, his gaze lands on her knuckles, noticing they're scraped. Just like she punched someone. He really wanted to ask, but decides to let it slide.

"Wanna hand?" he offers. Giselle gives him a small smile and decides to take him up on it. Not because she needed help, not entirely anyway, but because right now she wanted company. Company that wouldn't grill her with questions, but just be there. And it couldn't be more reassuring knowing that same company was her dad.