Religion and Beliefs (2)

Well, that music should fit.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the troops moved into position, they soon found enemy infantry dressed in black moving toward them. Some of these groups were carrying large rifles, easily identifiable as anti-material rifles.

Other groups carried multi-loading carbines and even Panzerfausts (Note: Panzerfausts are one-time-use anti-tank guns, the Schreks are reloadable guns) and strange-looking long rifles.

Tank turrets were visible from afar, looking like Panzer IIIs and IVs, and even a Panzer V (Panther). The sailors and soldiers quickly identified them as the most dangerous, and their own Panzerfaust 3s were aimed down.

Weimar Soldier #3: "Goddamnit, those are Siren Cultists!"

Sailor #36: "Cultists! They are praying to those Sirens that apparently see you as 'expendable data'?"

Weimar soldier #3: "More like see the Sirens as the answer of god and to get of their sins joined the Sirens. Apparently they received weapons from them."

Monika: "Make sure that those bastards are not able to shoot first! I also someone prepare the Fliegerfausts (American licensed Stingers) for possible air targets."

With that, some sailors rushed back aboard the Nürnberg, which was still in the process of being secured, i.e. still floating and not standing on the blocks, to get the Panzerfausts and Stingers ready.

Soon the first shots rang out. The sailors and soldiers responded in kind. 5.56mm (G36), 8mm (Kar98K) and 7.92mm (STG-44) were flying left and right. Magazines were emptied and dropped. The Mauser clips were emptied faster than they were reloaded. The G36s on the other hand were still expending 5.56mm in their 30 round magazines.

The Siren cultists fell one by one. They had little to no armor, as there is no investment in bulletproof vests by the Sirens or the Sorts. The same was true for the Weimar soldiers, as the unfortunate ones who stepped out of cover to shoot at the cultists were hit and fell.

The German sailors on the hand were mostly hit, fell on their butts, and got up to shoot again. Some didn't even flinch when bullets ricocheted off their MKIV Kevlar helmets.

Though not everyone was able to get a helmet on time.

Monika: *cap flys off* "My hat!"

Meanwhile, the anti-armor units targeted the tanks and fired. Due to the range of less than 400m (maximum range of the modern Panzerfaust 3), the hit probability of the rocket propelled warheads easily penetrated the "weak" armor and killed the drivers and co-drivers (hull machinegunners), injured the rest and destroyed the exposed transmission (built right behind the armor). Some of the tanks had their hull mounted grenade racks explode, killing everyone inside and outside the tank. A well known "jack in the box", a catastrophic kill.

Shipgirls, on the other hand, fire their 127, 150, and 203mm guns at the enemy force. The battleships fired their secondaries to avoid overpowering the humans and, if they missed, injuring them with shrapnel.

Even the 155mm triple turret on the forward bow of Nuremberg opened fire after the Weapons Officer and Engineering Officer returned to the cruiser. They decided to change the firing system from salvo to single fire. This increased the accuracy and reduced the unnecessary use of three 155mm shells on a weak tank or a group of soldiers.

Unfortunately, the Sirens weren't far behind, as they began opening purple portals on a wide front. This forced the Shipgirls to change targets, preventing the Sirens from taking full advantage of the situation. The two triple turrets on the stern of the Nuremberg were also aimed at the advancing Sirens until they realized something.