Politics and Second Chance

This chapter is primarily about the talks between the German Navy and the Weimar Republic and the integration of both ships.

Also no, if we ever reach the chapter which include the Royals, I will not attempt give Hood or Duke of York a scottish accent. Trust me, it is for the best.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While the capital is officially Berlin, the reason it is called the Weimar Republic is simple. Revolution. Due to the ongoing revolutions and party actions, politicians fled the city of Berlin and sought refuge in the safest city nearby, Weimar.

Weimar. A city with a unique history, where Goethe and Schiller, both of them the most famous writers and poets of the "Weimar Classic" era, were born. It is an important place for students of poetic writing and where it is possible to relive the life of their role models.

It was also the place where the Weimar Constitution was written in the late 1910s and where the government established new rules and laws until the chaos in Berlin subsided. It was also the place where the Polish Prime Minister was received for German-Polish cooperation and where Russian Ambassador Molotov and German Foreign Minister Ribbentrop met to discuss the economic alliance.

Now it will become another place of great importance; the futuristic German sailors (represented by their fleet admiral and inspector) and the German chancellor and other important figures. All protected by Weimar soldiers and shipgirls.

The reason was simple: It was one of the most defended places and not devastated and infiltrated by cultists and spies. However, the news media was mainly focused on the destruction and barbaric acts done in Kiel because of an "accidental" leak about a siren at the scene. With the full recovery of most sailors and the Fleet Admiral the talks between both sides shall begin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

10th of November, 1941

Weimar, Thuringia

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In a secluded room in the community center two sides sit against each other. On one side are the Chancellor Gerg Brühm, the Foreign Minister Ribbentrop, the Generals and Admirals from Kiel meeting and even two more Army Generals, and on the other side are the Fleet Admiral Johannes Rühme and the Inspector Sebastian Glöckner. Both sides have decided to meet to officially talk about the future the crews and their ships.

While both Fleet officials were supposedly be flown in, it was too risky due the possibility of stolen Aircraft or simple misidentification, so they were transported by train. The Weimar officials were already in Weimar, awaiting them at the train station. For this spectacle the city of Weimar was put into a curfew for an indefinite time. Only emergency services and other public jobs, like the postman and the milkman, were allowed to travel through but under supervision and not to enter the restricted areas, marked off by the military.

The Fleet Admiral and the Inspector had talked about their former mission and what had essentially happened on the cruisers during the mission in this world. The Weimar officials and officers were very fascinated about how the democracy in the different future had essentially formed and how much technology had advanced. Now the talks were about to go into a very delicate position.

Chancellor: "As the Chancellor of a democratic nation, I would obviously give a citizenship and a fair pay to work under the Weimar and Ironblood forces, but to do it we would need the schematics of the ships and their weapons, especially the missiles."

Lütjens: "We need the know-how of the missiles and other weapons onboard the ships to give the factories the knowledge to how to build the weapons, but also to reverse engineer them. We need all information of those destructive weapons to allow our industry to manufacture them in a large quantity that the build-up for future operations may include those two cruisers."