Chapter 7: Keefe's POV

"How did this happen?"

"Who did it?"

"When did anyone do this?"

"WHY?!"

Everyone was at Everglen. The collective, the Council, and all the adults. Keefe didn't know who was shouting that time. But he did know that Sophie was sitting quietly in the corner of the room, by the stairs, and he wasn't helping her. WAIT WHAT?! Why wasn't he helping her? Was that Fitz walking over? Why was he running his hands down her hair? What the hell was happening?

"Sophie," Keefe called, realizing his mistake. "Sophie, don't cry..."

"Keefe," Fitz said sternly. "She doesn't want you here." 

Keefe froze at his words. "Wha-" 

"No Fitz," Sophie said quietly. "You're the one who needs to leave."

"I-I," Fitz said. He seemed lost for words, so he got up and walked away. 

"Sophie, are you okay?" Keefe asked, brushing a strand of hair out of her face.

"I, I don't know," Sophie mumbled. Keefe sat down and started running his hand down her hair as she cried into his shirt. "I mean... I thought we were safe! I thought that, that the Neverseen wouldn't have done something so soon!" By now, everyone was crowding around them. Except for Fitz, who was sitting down on a chair and sulking. 

"Sophie," Biana said, lifting up Sophie's chin. It's going to be okay. Right?" She asked everyone.

Everyone seemed like they couldn't speak, so they just nodded their heads. Keefe looked at Sophie and tryed reading her emotions, but he could only tell that they were strong. According to his mom, he needed the third step to Stellarlune to get that fixed. 

Suddenly, there was another loud boom. This time, it was outside. Everyone ran towards the sound, which happened to be near a few trees away from the property.

Keefe heard a ghostly whisper, one that sounded vaguely familiar. 

You'll never escape me, The voice said. The end is near.

Then everything went black.

EEEEEEEEEEE Cliffhanger once again! 309 words..... sry that it's so short!!!

QOTC: would you rather kill Kenric, Calla, or YOURSELF????

My answer is honestly meeeeee because those are like the best characters. I wish they never died. 😭😭😭😭😭

sophieswiftie → out!