Chapter 14: Keefe's POV

Keefe's dagger flung through the air and stuck itself into the dummy's throat. He flung another one and it landed straight underneath the first one. You would call his aim good, but he was aiming for the dummy's forehead and missed it.

Keefe wished Sophie were here. He missed her. She would always help him fix his aim and she would show him the correct way to throw whenever they were practicing. The rest of the Black Swan wasn't here. They were at Havenfield, which had been recently rebuilt. 

Another dagger flew by him and nailed the dagger straight in the forehead. Keefe turned around and saw a figure coming out of the shadows. 

"Stop it, Tam," Keefe said and turned back around. 

"How did you know?" Tam asked. "Could you sense my dark shadowy presence?" 

"It's not funny. It's not." 

"For me, it is," another voice said. Keefe turned around and saw his mother standing with... Umber? 

"You," Keefe said, pointing a shaky figure at his mom. "Why did you have to take away someone so important to us?" 

"Oh, I wouldn't say take," she said. "More like... collect." 

"And you," Keefe said, his tears threatening to fall. "You're supposed to be dead." 

"I'm not," Umber responded, her voice deeper than it was before. "And I'm not Umber."

"Then who are you? And why aren't you abducting me?" Keefe's eyes started to overflow. 

"We're giving you a choice." Gisela said. "We will be back tomorrow, same place, same time. You must be here to tell us what you pick. You can either join us, or your beloved Moonlark will be gone by tomorrow. Along with... someone else." 

"WHO?!" Keefe asked, but Gisela and Umber stepped back into the shadows, leaving Keefe alone. 

Well that took a long time to write for no reason! 

The question of the chapter: What is your least favorite KOTLC ship? 

Mine is Fitzphie (duh), wbu guys? 

Byee!