chapter seven

THE MORNING AFTER

me and jj slept in my bed last night, obviously I wouldn't let him go home, at this point I don't even care if John b catches us.

I slowly flutter my eyes awake to see jjs head laying on my chest and his arms wrapped around my waist, sleeping. I lift my hand and run my fingers through his hair, my fingers then lightly glaze along his bruised back.

As I do so, I then see a small smile appear on his face. "Sup." He says in a deep morning voice. "sup." I giggle. 'Sup' a word me and jj greet each other, no matter what situation.

later that day

"I'll probably crash at popes or something..." jj implies as we are sat on the hammocks. "what?! no. you can stay here." I convince. "are you sure?" he asks. "obviously." I smile. "I'll need to pick some shit up from my dads, though." he sighs. "okay." I nod

we later make our way to Luke's so jj can get some clothes and whatever other shit he needs.

"home sweet home." he sighs as well pull up outside his house. "do you want me to come? cause I'll come." i say. "No. This will only take a second." jj says before getting out of the car. As he's walking up to the house he looks back at me and I give him a slight smile and he then walks in.

Minutes later he forces the door open and walks back to the car with a backpack. I start the engine before he gets in. I then notice tears in his eyes. "How'd it go?" I ask. He shrugs without saying anything then we make our way back to the chateau.

As we get parked near the chateau, jj quickly pushes me behind the wall. "What?!" I whisper. "Cops." He whispers back. "What the hell?" I whisper as I look around the corner and see shoupe and another cop walk out of my house. We then hear footsteps behind us. We quickly turn around and it's my brother.

"What's going on?!" I ask John b. "Ward Cameron killed our father, and rafe- rafe- h-he killed Peterkin and blame you for it." John b sighs.  And my heart sunk.

Ward Cameron

Killed

My

Father?

Me?

A murderer?

"Come on." John b takes me and jj as we make our way to the docks.

"Sarah has a boat. Me and you are gonna flee, okay? Vienna, you got that?! You got that?!" John b shouts. I'm still in shock. So I slowly nod. Then I actually realise what he said and I look back at jj.

As we were getting ready, pope and Sarah appear with the boat.

"Cross the border at Brownsville, okay?" Jj states.

As I was about to get on the boat I quickly look back at jj and run and hug him. "I'm sorry." I whisper. "Don't worry." He whispers back.

We pull away from the hug then he quickly pulls me in for a kiss. Sarah, pope and my brothers faces were shocked. But now wasn't the time for argument.

I kiss back then slowly pull away. I hug pope and Sarah and then me and John b get on our way.

JJS POV

me, pope and Sarah rock up to the big site, filled with police and sbi. Shoupe caught us after we let John b and vi go.

A sbi agent watches over us while the cops search the sea for them.

Knowing that there's a possibility I'll never see Vienna again, breaks me. But atleast I'm sitting, hearing about how they are getting away instead of sitting at her funeral.

VIENNAS POV

me and John b were out at sea, we noticed the site with the cops so we layed low. Until, the lights had turned on. We were found. We were being chased. We drove that boat straight through the storm.

Then ward Cameron had brought himself onto the radio. "John b? I know you are there son, and if you love my daughter like I think you love my daughter, you will come back for her. You and your sister will come back for my Sarah. You kids are going to a storm, that you cannot survive. John b, vienna, please, I will make it right. I promise you." Ward tries to convince us like he's innocent.

"No! He's a liar and a murderer!" I shout at John b.

I then pick up the radio and turn it on.

"Ward Cameron do you hear me?"

"Yes, sweetie, I'm right here. Vienna, please turn that boat back."

"You killed my father! And you framed me for a murder I didn't commit! You took everything from me! You took everything from me... but I'm still here. and I swear to god, ward, I will come back one day and take what's mine. So, you listen to me, all right? I'm coming for you. I'm coming... for you, ward." I shout down that radio before turning it off.

JJS POV

we all have been sitting here for about 30 minutes, no updates or anything.

Until shoupe and few officers come waddling in.

"Did you find them?" Pope asks.

"No." Shoupe confirms.

And that's when I knew something was up.

"So they got away." Sarah sighs.

"We lost them. I'm sorry." Shoupe confirms.

"You lost them? What do you mean you lost them?like, they're gone?" Pope asks.

"They took an open boat into a tropical depression, pope." Shoupe shakes his head.

"So they're dead?" Sarah asks.

"We don't know." Shoupe says.

And that is when the anger inside me grown. My bestfriend and most importantly, the love of my life... dead?

"You drove them straight through the storm, man! Are you kidding me? Come here!" I shout at shoupe as I run over and push him.

"I'm gonna kill you man!" I scream and shout nonsense as my eyes dill up with tears.

Rose and wheezie come and comfort sarah and popes parents come to comfort him... meanwhile I had nothing. I just wanted to hold Vienna in my arms. Tight.