chapter twenty five

THE NEXT MORNING.

the wind breezes through my hair as all six of us watched my house burn down... mine and John bs home.

"could of been a faulty wire." pope suggests.

"Thing just went up." Sarah whispers.

There was no saving it, there is about 3 pieces of wood standing.

My home was gone.

I look over at jj and he's already looking at me.

I sigh as I look back at the house.

I then look at John b.

He looked as if he wanted to scream... as did I.

As the day went on, we made it to the docks, to talk about our plan that was still happening.

"Sarah, when did you say the pilot was getting here?" John b asks.

"Probably like an hour? I mean, once he's here, my dad says we can leave whenever we want." Sarah states.

"Okay, we'll, as much as I would love to ghost my parents again, I can't." Pope sighs.

"Pope, we're talking about el dorado here. Can you just slip out the back maybe?" Jj asks.

"Great advice." I smile.

"It always worked for me. How to avoid unpleasant circumstances 101. If there's a problem, you don't wanna face it, turn that face and keister around and walk the other way." Jj states.

"I'm not doing that, okay?" Pope groans.

"I just want you to be there, bro." Jj sighs.

"I'm gonna be there. I'll meet you at the airstrip in an hour?" Pope asks.

"Yeah, we'll see you there." John b says.

"One hour, pope. Not a second later." Jj states.

"I'm gonna take a stroll back to the shack. For old times sake. I always wanted to go to South America. Great surf, cheap weed. See you guys on the tarmac!" Jj shouts as he walks off.

"I'm gonna go back to the chateau... try see if any of my shits remained. I need clothes but I'd doubt there's any left." I sigh before walking off.

"Hey, jayj. Wait." I say to jj as I catch up to him.

"Just, uh, last night, you were... you were saying something before the fire." I sigh.

"I'll tell you what. I'll tell you on the plane." He smiles.

"Just make sure you get on." He states before walking off.

I walk up to the chateau, minding my own business until a car pulls up.

"Hey, vienna. Is your brother here too?" The man asks as he gets out of the car.

I walk off.

"Hey, come back. I'm not gonna hurt you. I just want to talk to you." He states.

"Uh, no, thanks." I say walking off.

"Vienna, it'll only take a second." He smiles.

"Stranger danger." I say as I walk around the remains of the house.

I was then stopped by another man.

"Woah, dude." I say stepping back while im being cornered by men.

"Look. This can go one of two ways." The man says.

I back up realising who they were.

They are the same people who tried to take me and my brother in when our dad 'died' and wanted to put me in a girl behaviour camp and John b in a boy behaviour camp.