chapter twenty

"so what's going on?" Sarah asks as me, her and Cleo are sat at the bottom of the boat, gossiping.

"I don't know... I mean- you guys know me and jj have like... hooked up and stuff-" I begin to say.

"Wait. You guys aren't together?" Cleo asks.

"No. That's the thing... ever since we jumped off wards boat... we haven't like... i don't know." I sigh.

"Connected? Kissed?" Sarah asks.

"Exactly." I groan.

We then all look at the top of the boat, pope and jj were then talking.

Later that night we stop of at a dock, Cleo and pope go and get food.

POPES POV.

me and Cleo had just came back from stealing some food from a corner shop and decided to sit and talk.

"Jack pot." She smiles as she holds up a packet of something.

"Why your wybe so sorry, bey?" She asks.

Basically her asking why I'm so annoyed.

"Is it what happened between you and jj earlier, right?" She asks again.

"No." I groan.

"Come on. No need to tell a fib. We all see what's happening here." Cleo nags.

"When we were coming into port, I went up to let jj and vienna know we were pulling in, and I saw them about to..." I say as I make kissing motions with my hands.

"And you two were together before, yeah?" She asks.

"No. But... I guess I did always have a crush on her... atleast before things got crazy. But she always had and always will have a thing for jj, i guess." I sigh.

"Dayum..." she chuckles.

I look at her with an angry expression.

"Sorry. But who cares? So what? Same thing happened to me. There was this bad man back on my island. Taught me how to survive on a street. Best thief I ever seen. I mean, true master. I fell for him. Turns out he was stealing from me too, and I felt like an idiot. Love. Better let it go. Shut that shit down, pipe. Cold Turkey." She explains.

A smile appears on my face as she calls me 'pipe', that was my fake name when I accidentally ran into her on the boat.

"That works for you?" I ask.

"I mean, do you see me with my face all long, thinking about someone who's not thinking about me?" She smiles.

"You and me have the same problem. Tried love once, and it didn't work out. We should start a club." She chuckles.

"Call it the no love club." She laughs even more.

"What?" I laugh.

"The no love club." She says again.

"That's so corny." I chuckle.

"Oh, come on, man. Think about it." She sighs.

"Cold Turkey from all obsessive thoughts, huh?" I sigh.