Chapter 5: Illusion

Mr. Ramier, XY, Mr. Damocles, and Chloé are interviewed for a TVi news report on their views of Monarch taking all the Miraculouses. 

"I'm absolutely confident Sapphire and Dragon-Phoenix will definitely take back all the Miraculous that Monarch stole."

"Hawk Moth..." Bob signals XY "no"  "No, I mean, the villain is Shadow Moth." Bob shakes his head "no" again and points at his head drawing a "crown". "Right, duh, he calls himself "King" now." Bob writes "Monarch" on a paper and shows it to him.  "Huh? Monarch?"

"When , he saved me, but no, he didn't find any Miraculous. I didn't have any on me! But still, I say good job, Sapphire!"Denis Damocles praised.

While others share their positive opinions, Chloé, who still holds a grudge towards Sapphire, Dragon-Phoenix, and Ladybug and she hates you all. "Sapphire? Dragon-Phoenix? Ladybug? They turned Paris over to supervillains! That would never have happened with Queen Bee!"

"And we're back on the set of "Leading Questions, Honest Answers" with our experts. You've heard the people of Paris; Monarch is more powerful than ever, and Sapphire can't seem to regain the Miraculous from him, so the question on everybody's mind is, "Are Sapphire and Dragon-Phoenix the heroes we need?" Nadja Chamack is sitting with Alec, Bob Roth and Mr. Banana for a news report.

"The media has paralyzed us with fear, but what we need to defeat Monarch is more love and kindness. People need to follow their dreams and have more hope. That way, we wouldn't be feeling all these negative emotions. Come with me, now, everyone, just love one another—"

If you ask me,"  Bob cuts off Alec. "...there's too much talk about Sapphire and Dragon-Phoenix  and not enough talk about my son's— I mean, that wonderful indie artist, XY's new album!"

"Thank you for that, Bob. And you, Mr. Banana? What's your take on all of this?"

"Stay peachy!" Mr. Banana replied.

"Thank you! We'll be right back after these messages!"

IN the Agreste mansion, in Vanitas' room. An advertisement of Alliance is broadcasted on the television.

Plagg and Echo are playing with an Alliance ring. Vanitas and Adrien sees that they have virtually become a puppet to every Alliance ring user, and they become annoyed at this.

"I never said that!" Vanitas gets annoyed.

"Yet you say it with such conviction! "  Plagg presses the Alliance ring playfully

Adrien sits on the couch dejectedly. "How does this happen?"

"Since your father digitized you, Vanitas and Lila, you three have become virtual puppets! Thanks to the Alliance ring, anyone can make you say anything! Great, isn't it?"

Alliance Adrien: Runny camembert makes your hair beautiful and makes you immortal.

Vanitas takes the ring away from Plagg and smash it with his heels. "I hate those things. I would like to speak with him." he goes to confront his father.

"I'm coming too!" Adrien follows his brother.

In the foyer, Vanitas goes down the stairs to find Gabriel but sees Nathalie instead. "Nathalie, I would like to see my father."

"Perfect timing, he's actually waiting for you two in the kitchen."

Adrien was dumbfounded. "Our father's waiting for us... in the kitchen?"

Nathalie escorts them to outside the kitchen. "I'll be accompanying you two to school this afternoon—"

"No need, Nathalie, I'll go myself." Gabriel call out while cooking.