Chapter 14: Derision

In her room, you are in your bed, sleeping. You phone beside her vibrates shortly after. Seeing that Vanitas is calling, you immediately pick up.

"Vanitas, good morning!" You answered.

"Morning Ma Cherie!" Vanitas gleams. "I was just going to tell you how excited I am that we're meeting at the swimming pool later, and to wake you up just in case you were still sleeping."

You heartily laugh, "Still am and you awoke me in the nick of time. I'm excited, too. See you there."

In the kitchen, You were eating eggs and bacon while Marinette mixes the cereal in her bowl.

"Someone is happy." Your mom humors.

"Yes indeed." You chuckled.

"On the morning you happen to finally have a real date with Vanitas?" Sabine teased.

"We've been dating for month aren't we?" You smiled.

"It's not surprising. I'm sure those butterflies are just like the ones I had on my very first date with your father."

"But it's different this time. We're just going with the flow."

As Sabine continues to talk to you, Marinette begins to have visions of that one school locker once again and unconsciously spilling milk on the table. "Oh! Sorry, sorry, sorry! I don't know what's wrong with me today."

"I got it." You start wiping the table with a sponge.

"(Y/n), Go to the swimming pool and meet your Vanitas." Sabine took care of it.

"Thanks, mommy." You hugged her.

At the swimming pool. Vanitas and Adrien are standing by the door, waiting for you and your sister. And just in time, you arrives on your scooter.

"Hey!" You wave at your boyfriend.

"Yo!" Vanitas takes your hand in his as you enter the swimming pool together, hand in hand. You stop by the reception.

"Good morning, ma'am! How do we get in?" Adrien asked.

"You have to buy tickets, young man."

"Then, two tickets, please."

Glancing at a shelf nearby, Marinette sees a picture of Kim and Ondine, which causes her to have visions of the school locker again and lets go of Adrien's hand in panic.

"You're shaking. Are you sure you're alright?" Adrien asked.

"I-I'm okay— I'm fine! I love the swimming pool!" She hastily takes the four bracelets on the counter.

You four proceed to the dressing room, with worry drawn on Adrien's face. As Marinette enters a cubicle, she puts down her bag, unzipping it, and the vision of the school locker haunts her once again, causing her to hyperventilate, slowly going down on her knees.

You knock on Marinette's cubicle.  "Marinette, everything okay in there?"

"Yeah, I just have a problem with my shoelaces. Go ahead, I'll meet you there with Vanitas and Adrien."

You grew worry for her and just walk inside to change, while Marinette breaks down inside, taking heavy breaths.

"Marinette, what's going on with you?" Tikki asked.

Marinette breathes heavily.  "I don't know. I feel strange..."

Vanitas got out wearing his suit when you change into your bikinis.