Seluna

As soon as I stepped foot on the territory my senses were on high alert. I looked around and moved carefully, avoiding the broken tree branches on the floor so as not to make a sound. I could smell about twelve different people and knew they were all males from the stench. A few of these men would benefit from a shower. Or two, preferably when they smell this bad. There was one scent that wasn't bad at all. I liked it but now was not the time to be getting distracted.

"You know, the one guy called him Brandon, that starts with a B. You should move closer so I can sense his wolf and see if he is our mate" Selene suggested.

"Selene shut up and focus. We do not have a mate." I said reprimanding her. As I inched closer and closer to the center of town right in the heart of our territory, I could hear voices. Quickly I darted into the fog to stay hidden. From what I could tell it seemed to be just two brothers arguing about a stupid necklace. I easily tuned out their argument and focused solely on their movements and posture. I had to assess how much of a threat they could be first. Just as I was about to step in, another man came running out of nowhere towards the brothers.

"Alpha Brandon! Prince Drake!" the man yelled out.

"What is it, Nick? Calm down" one of the brothers said as he shook his head.

"Sir, the necklace! It's glowing!" the man said excitedly holding up a necklace. I looked at the glowing necklace and realized it was the necklace mom had given to me when I was just a little girl. I thought it had been destroyed long ago but it was in that man's hand.

"How did they get my necklace!" I thought to myself.

"Maybe one of them is our mate! Just reach out your hand and the necklace will come to you." Selene instructed as she jumped for joy in my mind.

"Selene I don't know how to do that yet," I told her.

"It is your necklace, made especially for you from the sacred temple. Power or not, the necklace has power in it's self. It will come to you. Just trust me." Selene encouraged.

"Alright fine," I said giving in. I reached my hand out focusing on the necklace and just as Selene said, the necklace came flying straight to me. "It worked!"

"Of course it did! Now put it on and step out of the shadows to show them who they are messing with! But be careful just in case our mate is there." Selene said.

"Our mate won't be there so I am not holding back," I told her as I put the necklace on. As soon as it touched my skin I felt a pulse of energy burst through me. For a second, I could feel my mom's presence with me but it quickly dissipated. Despite the sadness that I started to feel, I pushed back deep within me and focused on the task at hand, to get these people off of my territory. With my head held high, I stepped out of the fog with an icy glare fixed on the three men in front of me. I looked at them one by one until my eyes landed on the man in the center.

"Mate!" growled the man in the center.

"Mate! That's our mate! We finally found him! His wolf's name is Blake and he is so handsome and so big. I have been waiting for this day for so long! He wants me to come with him. You will be fine without me, right? What am I saying? Of course, you will be fine! Bye!" Selene splurted out before vanishing on me. I couldn't believe what just happened but I was not going to look surprised and let them get the upper hand.

"Who are you calling mate and who do you think you are to be pesstrassing on my territory!" I growled.

"Who do you think you are talking to? This is Alpha King Brandon and Prince Drake! Show some respect!" The smallest man said who had come running over with the necklace. I growled right at him showing my large canines and he quickly submitted, kneeling before me.