Seluna

I stared at the door for a few minutes to ensure no one else would walk in. After a few minutes, I let out a sigh of relief. Finally, I was alone. I definitely wanted to shower and put on some clean clothes. I picked up my bag and took out the clothes Laura had packed. Of course, she packed a dress that she knew hugged my curves. I rolled my eyes and took the clothes with me to the bathroom. The bathroom was fully stocked with towels, shampoo, conditioner, and soap. I set my clothes on the counter and turned the water on before closing the door. I got undressed and stepped into the shower.

The water felt so good as it hit my skin. I looked down and watched as the water turned red from the blood that covered me and flowed down into the drain. I took my sweet time in the shower. I knew everyone would be waiting for me but honestly, I couldn't care less. After all, I was tricked into coming here since Brandon cheated in the race. I spent most of my time in the shower washing my hair. I lathered my hair up and gave myself a much-needed head massage. I might have used a bit too much shampoo and conditioner because it took what seemed like forever to get it all out. Either that or maybe it was about time I had something to eat. I hadn't eaten since early in the morning and my stomach was starting to growl. Once I was finally ready, I stepped out of the shower and wrapped myself up in my towel. Not a second later there was a knock on the bathroom door.

"Ms. Seluna are you in there?" A soft female voice called out.

"Yes," I called out in response.

"The royal family is waiting for you downstairs for dinner. They asked me to come help you so you won't get lost," she responded.

"Okay. I just need to get dressed." I told her as I rolled my eyes. Of course, they sent a maid to look for me to make sure I didn't try to escape. Clearly, someone does not trust me to keep my word which annoyed me more than I already was. "You can have a seat on the bed while you wait." I offered.

"Oh, no miss. Thank you, but that is not allowed," she replied.

"They are all downstairs, no one is going to catch you. Take a seat and relax. If anyone has a problem with it then they can deal with me." I told her. "Now go sit" I ordered with authority.

"Thank you miss," she said and I could hear her quickly walk over to the bed and sit down. I quickly dried myself off and got dressed. The dress fit me perfectly in all the right places. I worked on drying my hair the best I could before braiding it and putting my braids into a bun. I checked myself out in the mirror to make sure I looked presentable. With my hair braided and up in a bun it gave me a more regal look which is what I wanted to go for. I hung up the towel I used before stepping out of the bathroom. As I had thought, it was indeed a maid they had sent after me. She had fallen asleep in the bed and looked exhausted but at peace. I smiled at the sight and shook my head. Of course, the royals overwork their staff. I was glad I was able to help give this maid some time to relax and rest. I pulled the covers over her and quietly exited the room. I used my sense of smell to find Brandon and his family. I walked into the dining room and they all stood up from the table as I walked in.

"Took you long enough to get down here," Drake said annoyed and Jessica hit him in the arm, "what?" he asked.

"Don't be rude!" Jessica replied strictly.

"Where is the maid we sent to check on you?" their father asked.

"I asked her to sit down on my bed while I finished up in the bathroom. When I came out she was fast asleep. I didn't want to wake her since she looked so peaceful so I just tucked her in and left." I answered with a shrug.

"She did what?!" He asked annoyed.

"Relax. She didn't want to sit down but I ordered her to do it. I could tell just by looking at her that she was overworked and exhausted. She deserves some time to rest. If you have a problem with that then you have a problem with me." I said and crossed my arms over my chest which only made my dress reveal more cleavage. "If you want to argue about it I have no problem taking things outside to be settled," I said firmly. Drake and Jessica just looked between me and their father in shock. He looked at me in shock too.

"You are most definitely your mother's child." their mother says with a laugh. "You look so much like her too. Especially with the way you did your hair. The only thing missing is the crown on your head and the ceremonial dress she used to wear." she continued.

"Thank you.." I replied awkwardly and looked down at the floor. I knew that she used to know my mother but I didn't think it would be the first thing that came out of her mouth. Since my parent's death, I hated when people reminded me how much I looked like my mother. It was just a constant reminder that she wasn't here and it's all my fault. Just thinking about her brings tears to my eyes I have to fight back. When I finally look back up Brandon is right next to me. He hadn't said a word when I first walked in, he just stared at me while his eyes flashed fighting control with Blake, his wolf. But now, his eyes were normal.

"Are you okay?" Brandon asked, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah, I am okay," I said with a nod and took a step back, his hand fell back down to his side and he frowned before walking back to his seat and sitting down.

"Oh, right, I am sorry." his mother said as she made her way over to me. "I wasn't thinking clearly. I can only imagine how much you miss her, I miss her too. We don't have to talk about your parents if you don't want to. Let's have a good dinner. I am sure you must be starving after having such a rough day." she said and escorted me to the seat next to her which also happened to be next to Brandon as well. "I apologize for my son's unforgivable behavior," she added.

"Thank you, I have moved on from it so we don't need to talk about it," I told her reassuringly.

"Great." She said with a smile. "Oh! I almost forgot to introduce myself. My name is Brenda, mother of the king of course. My husband's name is Damon. Despite the rough circumstances, welcome to our home." she said.

"Thank you, Brenda. From what I have seen of the castle so far, it is beautiful." I responded.

"Oh, thank you, dear. It took me years to make this place look more lively. If I had left decorating to my husband I am not sure if we would even have a dining table to eat on." she said with a laugh before starting to cough and had to sit down.

"Are you ok?" I asked her and helped her as she sat down.

"Oh, yes. Just some of the side effects of not having my wolf." She answered and I frowned.

"I'm sorry the moon goddess cursed you like that. I do not blame you for wanting to check on my mother to see if she was okay." I apologized.

"Oh dear, do not apologize. It is not your fault. I disobeyed the will of the moon goddess and I must face the punishment." She said with a shake of her head.

"I think you have been punished long enough," I told her. "After we eat and the moon has risen, I will remove the curse. No one deserves a punishment like this. Brandon and Drake still need their mom even though they are all grown up. I wouldn't wish the loss of a parent on anyone." I said to her.

"Thank you, Seluna," Damon said. "I will forever be in debt to you for saving my mate," he told me.

"You do not have to be in debt to me," I reply with a shake of my head. "I am just doing the right thing."

"Alright, enough talking," Drake says changing the subject. "It's time to eat," he said and signaled for the butler to bring out the food.