Brandon

I was in complete shock when Seluna asked to speak to me alone. It wasn't that long ago when she wanted to be as far away from me as possible. I stared silently at her as Drake and Dad walked out of the doctor's office. I had no idea what to say or do at the moment.

"Have a seat," Seluna said, motioning for me to sit in the chair next to her.

"Uh, okay," I said and walked over sitting down next to her. "Why did you want to talk to me in private?" I asked questiongly.

"Are mates not allowed to talk in private?" She asked back.

"So you are admitting that we are mates?" I asked, trying to fight back a smile.

"Well, I don't really have a choice at this point so yes" she answered with a sigh. "My mind tries to find ways to disprove it but my wolf and body fully accept you since I didn't reject the mark." she continued. "Anyway, I know that eventually I am going to go into heat and you will be the only one to help me through it. So this is what I propose, I will stay the night as planned and we can try to get to know each other better. I will also help your mom as promised. Tomorrow I will go back to my pack and will announce that I have found my mate since I won't be able to hide this mark. You will then have to find the time to stay at my pack for the night. My pack will have many questions to ask you." she explained.

"Why are you making this sound like a business relationship?" I asked slightly annoyed. "We are mates for crying out loud. We are supposed to be a couple and be a united front, opening up ourselves to each other completely. We can't do that in just one-night sleepover sessions" I told her.

"I am the sole protector of my pack and as long as I live there will be a target on my packs back until I put an end to this rouge issue. I can't spend all of my time here at your pack trying to get to know you. After what you have put me through today, the least you can do is work with me here. This is me trying." Seluna replied annoyed. "We are not a normal pair of mates. You are the Alpha King and I am the only Luna who is the head of my pack with no Alpha. We both bear a lot of responsibility. You should understand where I am coming from." she said.

"Drake is second in command here and can take on extra responsibilities while I am away. I am sure Drew is capable of doing the same thing." I suggested. "Stay an extra day or two here. Give me a chance and I will make it worth your time." I said and she shook her head.

"Brandon you don't understand. Your pack has not been on the run from rouges for three years like mine has. We didn't have a stable place to call home till we came back here and part of the pack always had to stay behind in our old territory. In a day from now the whole pack will finally be completely reunited and I cannot miss that. Drew is very capable, he is meant to be an Alpha after all but he is not as strong as me and cannot protect the pack like I can." She explained with a sigh before finally looking at me in the eyes, "If you want me to spend more time with you then you will have to come with me back to my pack tomorrow. That is the only option."

"Okay. That's a deal." I agreed and held out my hand, "Let's shake on it and make it official."

"Were you not just complaining two seconds ago about me being too businessy?" she asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes, but this deal is very important," I said, still keeping my hand out for her to shake.

"Alright," she said and shook my hands. When our skin made contact I felt sparks of our mate bond. I didn't let go of her hand and she didn't let go of mine.

"Do you feel that?" I asked her.

"Yes," she answered, "I've always felt it but still don't know how to feel about it or react to it," she told me.