soft, warm kisses

A/N:

I have a few parts lined up by now. And i'm really hoping i can break into this story. I know I'm already pretty far but honestly these have just been the tip of the iceberg. There's a deeper story lurking here, I just know it. Not to mention we haven't even gotten to the fucking yet. That's my fault, soz guys.

____________________________________________________________________________

I went home and cried into my pillow. Wouldn't you have done the same? It was just one thing after another. And getting my shit together meant less than nothing. The sobbing and wailing and being utterly hopeless exhausted me after a while. I fell into a long, well-earned nap before I could even stop myself.

Feilim was there. He was the first thing my eyes fell upon. He was leaning up against the wall of a building, somewhere in my world. I knew that because he had legs. And he was smoking a cigarette. I figured cigarettes didn't work too well in the ocean.

"Ugh," I groaned, and his head snapped up towards me as I stumbled my way over to him, "what are YOU doing here? I thought after I rejected you that meant I could have my dreams all to myself again."

He shrugged and took another puff. His eyes were distant, he was distant. It was like I hadn't even spoken.

"Not talking, huh? Are you still bent up about trying to kill me and failing? God," I rolled my eyes and snatched the cigarette from his lips. I placed it between mine and shook my head with a certain remorseful flair, "isn't it just so annoying when people we hate survive our assassination attempts?"

"I didn't try to kill you. I gave you what you wanted." He murmured.

I blew the smoke from my mouth and inhaled it through my nose. It didn't hit the same that it did in the real world. I could barely feel it, I couldn't even taste it. It was utterly dreadful.

I glanced at him from the corner of my eyes and passed the cigarette back between his two fingers, "Could've fooled me, what with you ripping my entire soul from my body, but, of course, what do I know? I'm just a stupid, puny little human. I know fuck-all about how you decide to ruin people's lives." I even punctuated my sentence with a sassy, sarcastic shrug to let him know that I fucking hated him and his total lack of compassion and regret.

"Puny?" He hummed.

"Petite, short beyond my years, teeny-weeny, the opposite of tall and long-legged, what have you?"

We stood in silence for a moment. I knew he wanted to say something. I could feel it in me waters, but he didn't. The moment dragged on and on and on.

"You know Shelly came to see me?" He gave no acknowledgment, "Is it true your life will cease to have meaning without the return of my ardor? Because, believe me, I'm flattered, but you had me convinced you had something to live for? Like going home to Endstone? And fighting crime? And protecting your Queen? And making copious amounts of love to people who won't compare to me?"

He kicked off the wall and stomped his cigarette out, "What are you doing?"

"Making conversation. We're both here. Might as well fucking inspire you to keep living your life." I grumbled.

"I gave you what you wanted. I've ignored you. I've left your life. I've done everything I can to make things go back to normal for you. Why are you still trying to hurt me?"

"Hurt you? Hurt YOU?" I stepped closer to him. His chest heaved and his eyes darted all over my face, "You tried to kill me? Meanwhile, I thought you said you'd never hurt me. Isn't that a fucking laugh? And NOTHING'S gone back to normal. Everything's ruined. Everything. My future, my reputation, my dreams, my promising career. You name it, it's gone to shit!"