Ch17: A Big Mistake, P2

Chapter 17: A Big Mistake, P2
~17.2~
*****

Soon after Alethea started playing with Rei, Kye clapped a hand over her mouth and teleported. Alethea noticed, but continued playing with Rei to keep her distracted. Their onlookers were left wondering what had happened, except Joey, who tugged at Layla's clothes and said, "Momma's sick." Joey generated a model of the palace with white mana and showed them where Kye had gone - her private bathroom. Layla thanked Joey and teleported into the palace to check on her daughter.

She found Kye kneeling in front of the toilet and approached her, healing magic already glowing around her hands. She rubbed her hand over Kye's back, and soon the blonde felt better. She flushed the toilet, cleaned up, and Layla helped her to the bed. "Kye sweetie, I want you to lie down for a while."

Kye had Astraia transform to her human state, then called for Aliana and had her adjust the bed so that it could elevate like a standard hospital bed. "If I lie flat, I'm going to turn into a fountain." Once Aliana was done, she helped Kye into bed and went to fetch her sister. When they returned, Astraia was tending to the room, and Layla was examining Kye.

Once Layla was done, she sat on the bed next to Kye and said, "Morning sickness." The Venturi sisters gasped and exchanged glances, while Astraia clapped and congratulated her.

"...crap." Kye's face lost all emotion. I knew it. I didn't check for new mana inside me, because I didn't want to know... but ugh. The next eight months are gonna be rough. At least I'll get another rugrat out of it. A smile creeped over her face as she imagined another baby crawling on the bed toward her. We have so many kiddos already, but that's okay! I have plenty of love to go around!

"First, turn off the training magic in no more than three months," Layla ordered, pulling Kye out of her daydream. "Second, we have to figure out how to get you home, or you will stay in Realm 7. You cannot stay here in the Void once it becomes too difficult to manage the additional gravity, and I don't like the idea of you staying in this dense mana while pregnant either. Third, whose ass am I kicking this time? Alethea or Adele?"

Kye stared blankly at the wall. "That is not important."

Layla glared at the blonde. "Tell me, dear daughter."

"It's not important."

"Tell me."

"No."

"Kye Akari, you tell me this instant!"

Kye sighed in annoyance and generated a small barrier around the bed so that only her mother could see or hear her. "Are you trying to embarrass me in front of my attendants?"

"Yes!"

"Ugh. Mom, look, do you really want to know the details of what goes on in a bed between four married people at night?"

Layla nodded, completely undeterred by Kye's attempt to shy her away.

"Fine, dammit, I don't know, okay? It could be either!"

Layla raised an eyebrow. "I clearly underestimated your little four-way marriage. Then again, you are all still young, physically. I suppose I can't be too surprised."

"Yeah, hormones are no joke, now shush." Kye got rid of the barrier and sent Layla to go find Hannah and Akane.

Pregnant... maybe that one night last month wasn't such a good idea. She rolled over and hid under the covers. But it was soooo good. Hehe.

*****

Kaede escorted Layla and Zen out of the Void, and escorted Hannah, Akane, and Ginchiyo in once they arrived in Arslade, the latter whom was visiting Akane and tagged along. Hannah had basically become Kye's family doctor after the honeymoon on Atlas. The three visited with Kye for a while before Hannah got to work. Hannah reexamined Kye and confirmed everything Layla had told her. Layla had determined Kye was pregnant with female identical twins. Hannah performed a much more in-depth examination and identified the babies' DNA.

Mom didn't tell me it's twins, but I also still haven't examined their mana myself. Oh, Adele and Michelle are here. I feel their mana in the portal chamber.

"You've done better than your parents thus far, Kye," Ginchiyo said. "May I trust that you'll continue with the newest additions to the family?"

That damned sheltered childhood thing in this world... I'll fix it, eventually. "Of course. I will make sure any of our family may come visit as they please, but please do continue sending word ahead of time."

"I look forward to seeing you again soon!" Akane said. "You're such a wonderful mother! As your grandmother, I couldn't be more proud!"

"But, you should know I've had plenty of-"

Akane placed her finger on Kye's lips. "Oh, no, you're being too humble with that. I won't allow you to use your past lives as an excuse to say that this much is nothing. That would mean you could do better and I simply do not agree with that! You are, right now, doing better than in any life you've ever lived, understand?"

Kye was taken aback. She smiled and hugged her grandmother. Ginchiyo was giggling in the background, watching the exchange. Kye noticed and shot her an annoyed look. "Except for you. You can't come visit."

"Hey! You can't do that to only me!" She jumped into Akane's place and started begging. "Kye! Nooo!!! Don't do your poor old great-grandma like that! I was just so happy seeing you and Akane that I couldn't help myself!"

Kye giggled and pulled Ginchiyo into a hug. "I was just teasing you. I promise I won't."

"I'll make you an ice-cream cake!" Ginchiyo suddenly ran out the door. "With cookies!"

"Oh, my." Akane smiled at Kye and headed for the door. "I'll go help her. See you soon!"

Adele and Michelle came in as Akane left. Hannah sent out the attendants so that only she and the spouses were left, and told them which one was responsible. "Alethea is-"

Kye suddenly laughed after looking at Adele. Alethea, Hannah, and the attendants were confused at first, but snickered once they saw it. "What happened to you? Pfft. You have footprints all over your chest and one on your face!"

"Uh... well, Gin-"

"TLDR, she got ran over by a white-haired freight train," Michelle said.

"Pfft." Kye did her best to suppress her laughter. "Sorry, Hannah, will you continue?"

Once the laughter died down, Hannah finished, "Alethea is the biological parent."

Kye smiled and looked at her pink-haired partner.

"Wow..." Alethea asked.

"We're gonna be moms all over again!"

Alethea was all smiles, but she was also shocked. "I didn't even take the special medicine. To... you know, be fertile. This is a miracle." She glanced at Adele.

"Funny part? I did take the medicine." She looked at Michelle.

"You WHAT?"

*****

Revision: 2024-6-3