Ch17: A Big Mistake, P6

Chapter 17: A Big Mistake, P6
~17.6~
*****

"Aunt Allison!" A small black-haired girl ran up to Allison. "Are you visiting mommy?"

The purple-haired woman bent down and patted the young girl's head. "Yes, I am. Where might I find her?"

"She's in her study! Come on, I'll show you the way!"

Unable to resist the girl's charm, Allison followed behind her. Partway to the study, Allison stopped and knelled down in front of the girl, saying nothing at first.

"Aunt Allison, what's wrong?" she innocently asked.

"Rei, do you believe in your mother?"

"Huh?" Rei was surprised for a moment. "What do you mean?"

"Do you believe in your mother more than anyone else? That she'll always be there to save you if you get into trouble?"

"Oh!" Rei happily nodded. "Mommy is the best!"

"Listen, sweetie. If you ever get into trouble and she's not around, you need only pray that she'll come save you."

"Pray?"

Allison nodded. "Yes. You must wish with all your heart that she'll come. Your mommy is very special and she will hear you no matter where you are, even if you say it in your head. She will always come save you."

"Yes, I know mommy will always be there! And Joey knows, too! And Kaede!" Allison smiled at the girl, and they continued walking. As they approached the study, the dream ended and Rei woke up. She found herself alone in a rather luxurious white and gold bedroom. "Huh? Where am I?"

A male voice responded. "Greetings, Lady Rei. You may call me Phantom."

"What? Where are you? I can't see you!"

"You need not worry, my lady. I am speaking to you through magical means. I am not there with you."

"Where am I?"

"You are a captive. I have many plans for you, my lady. You need only obey and you will not be hurt. Maids will take care of your meals. You may not eat outside of mealtime, but you may ask for water whenever you'd like. If you wish to exercise, a maid will take you to an appropriate location within the estate. The maids will show you around the place as well. You may roam the residence all you wish, but there are set times to do certain activities. The maids will explain further in detail. An instructor will manage your studies. Beyond that, please enjoy your stay."

"Wait! Where's my mommy?"

The voice did not respond. Instead, a maid entered the room and began explaining the situation to her. She was kidnapped and being held there. Aside not being allowed to leave, her daily activities were set to continue as before as best as possible. Once the maid left, the girl walked over to the window. The mansion stood on a beautiful estate with a garden on all sides except for the entryway. She could not see outside the estate, however, as there was a solid black barrier surrounding it.

Mommy, I'm scared! You and Aunt Allison said you would always be there for me. I'm scared! Help me, mommy!

*****

The next day, Alethea was walking around aimlessly in the garden behind the palace, occasionally muttering, "I can't find her." "Shi-chan is missing." "Suzu-chan... mommy loves you." "Where is Shi-chan?" "Eli..."

Adele and Michelle watched, both their faces full of gloom. A single tear rolled down Michelle's face before she said anything, "I can't take this."

Adele grimaced. She had no idea what to do. Rei was kidnapped, Kye disappeared, and nobody had heard from Alfia since she left to look for Rei. Allison, Layla, James, and Luma scoured Elea. Over the twenty-four hours after Kye disappeared, they virtually scanned the entire planet. They dropped by Arslade afterwards and told Adele and Michelle about the lack of findings.