Swim

┍━━━━╝✹╚━━━━┑

┕━━━━╗✹╔━━━━┙

┕━━━━╗✹╔━━━━┙

"What the fuc--"

Daemon sat up quickly, startled by the unexpected visitor. The goat blinked back at him innocently, as if it had been waiting for him to wake up. He looked around the beach, and the first thing he noticed was the light sky, which was covered with long white clouds that stretched in straight lines as far as the eye could see.

He used his hand to shoo the animal away, but it didn't budge, only continuing to stare at him with its eerie yellow eyes.

"Go aw- ...ay," he said, realising there were more goats on the beach, all watching him with the same unsettling gaze. Seven of them, to be exact, forming a semi-circle around him.

He immediately looked at Daenerys, but she seemed to be sound asleep. Her mouth was slightly agape, and her hair was tousled by the gentle breeze. His hand reached for the blade.

"No!"

He didn't need to look up. He recognised the voice. In fact, he didn't want to look up.

"You came down the wrong side of the water, father."

"Go away, Alyssa. Stop haunting my dreams," he grumbled under his breath and finally looked up. The image of his daughter was still there, standing at the edge of the water with a ghostly glow surrounding her.

"You must swim, father. Wake up," she told him gently. He made no move towards him, but the goats all took a step forward.

"I am trying," he told her. "Go away now; you are not real."

"Swim father! You must swim! Mama needs you!"

Daenerys still lay asleep by his side, and the sentence confused him. The goats stepped forward once again, squishing him in the centre. He reached for his blade again, but it was gone. The goats started to bleat loudly, almost drowning out his daughter's voice. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, feeling the cold water lapping at his feet. When he opened them again he realised he was deep under the water, his hand wrapped around Daenerys' waist, who was slowly giving up.

Just as his strength was about to give out, he felt the temperature change and broke the surface of the water. They were in the shallows, which was the only reason they had a chance.

The waves were still crashing around them, but he managed to drag her onto the sandy shore before collapsing from exhaustion. As he lay there, gasping for breath, he knew they were lucky to be alive.

"Are you alright? Can you breathe?" His throat hurt like hell, but he had to know. She coughed and sputtered, but managed to nod weakly in response.

His head hit the sand a little too hard, but he was too focused on her to notice the pain. Daemon crawled slowly towards her, checking if she had sustained any injuries. She was shivering from the cold, and her lips were blue. He pulled his cloak off, wanting to wrap it tightly around her to try and stop her from freezing to death, but remembered it was cold and wet as well. He angrily threw it aside and cursed.