The weeping willow

┍━━━━╝✹╚━━━━┑

┕━━━━╗✹╔━━━━┙

┕━━━━╗✹╔━━━━┙

Walking through the halls of Driftmark had become a normality to her these days. After three years of living there, she had grown accustomed to the grandeur and elegance that permeate every corner of the estate. The intricate tapestries adorning the walls and the polished marble floors beneath her feet served as a constant reminder of the rich history and noble lineage that Driftmark embodied.

Aemma's little legs struggled to keep up with her mother as they made their way through the vast corridors.

"Ma-ma! Ma-ma!" She kept repeating, her giggles filling the air with pure joy. The petite girl was the very image of her father, with her silver-blonde puffs of hair and striking violet eyes.

"Oh, sorry, dear," Daenerys stopped and picked her daughter up. "To haste, was I? Those poor little feet of yours," she said with a sympathetic smile, tickling her daughter's feet to make her giggle with joy. "Come on, we will see what we will have for breakfast," the princess said, heading towards the gardens.

The gardens of Driftmark were nothing compared to those in King's Landing. The flowers were not as vibrant, and the scent was not as intoxicating. However, they still held a certain charm with their delicate blooms and peaceful atmosphere.

"Mama!" Alyssa waved to her from where she and Laena had been sitting. They had found a cosy spot under a willow tree, its branches gently swaying in the breeze, providing shade from the morning sun.

Aemma and Daenerys joined them, enjoying fruits and pastries that had been prepared for breakfast. The laughter and chatter filled the air, creating a warm and joyful atmosphere. They couldn't have asked for a more perfect start to the day.

"Here, Aemma. Try an orange. Careful, it is juicy." Alyssa gave a piece of it to her little sister. Aemma eagerly took the orange slice from Alyssa's hand, the sweet juice dribbling down her chin as she took a bite.

Daenerys chuckled and wiped her toddler's mouth with a napkin.

"My princess, my ladies, good morrow," a guard greeted as Daenerys, her daughters, and Laena approached the castle gates. "May I escort you to the grand hall?"

"Grand hall? Why, what is happening?" Daenerys asked, her curiosity evident in her voice. 

"The ships have been spotted on the horizon, princess. They should be near the harbour by now."

Daenerys' expression immediately changed. "Daemon," she breathed, a smile slowly creeping back onto her lips. "Daemon!" she exclaimed again, and then, without warning, she rushed towards the harbour.